Must use 30 cal for moose

If I were going moose hunting, I would be taking my WBY 340 magnum.

It could happen this season, the 340 Wby is never out of the question for moose !

I have a mint Sako TRGS in 340 Wby and just got some Peterson brass the other day for it .. & some 250 gr Accubonds

BFE369A3-BEFC-40E7-B137-74133770C5DB.jpeg
C5F147FC-14DF-40A8-BB3C-5D27CA1F6C67.jpeg

Lol it's probably killed more moose than everything else combined.

lots of shmo's keep saying that but the reality is .. is that it's a dumb urban myth perpetrated from the lesser 48 states & deer hunting from 50 years back & to the inception of the 30-30 WCF ....... It has no factual standing in Alaska & moose hunting, sure some moose have been taken with it over the last 100+ years but I bet the 45-70 & 348 Win have it beat, then enter the 30-06 & that myth falls apart ....

with that said ..... I recently got a new SSK 30-30 AI barrel for my TC Contender, a bunch of Star Line brass and a Burris 2-7x pistol scope, will be packing my TC in the event I get a super close 200 yard shot & less ..
510D6A7A-24B8-43F5-97C5-D9445DC441C8.jpeg

lots of shmo's keep saying that but the reality is .. is that it's a dumb urban myth perpetrated from the lesser 48 states & deer hunting from 50 years back & to the inception of the 30-30 WCF ....... It has no factual standing in Alaska & moose hunting, sure some moose have been taken with it over the last 100+ years but I bet the 45-70 & 348 Win have it beat, then enter the 30-06 & that myth falls apart ....

with that said ..... I recently got a new SSK 30-30 AI barrel for my TC Contender, a bunch of Star Line brass and a Burris 2-7x pistol scope, will be packing my TC in the event I get a super close 200 yard shot & less ..
View attachment 386832
What bullet you got in that AI it's awfully sexy!!!

View attachment 386832
I can still plainly see how it is different but man that AI reminds me a fair bit of a .303 British haha. I know the .303 is longer and more tapered and such but the resemblance is there.

Will this be enough Loopy wa's to kill a moose ?

View attachment 387254View attachment 387255
It might be enough if your a Bad Shot ! Lol
Interested in the LRT and the load . I
Have some to try out !
Excited to see you 2022 Fall Moose !

If I had time and a plane ticket I would fly in and help you Pack it out ! 😎😎

I'm sure that would give me another Heart Attack though !
The things I would do if i was a bit younger !!

Rum Man

It might be enough if your a Bad Shot ! Lol
Interested in the LRT and the load . I
Have some to try out !
Excited to see you 2022 Fall Moose !

If I had time and a plane ticket I would fly in and help you Pack it out ! 😎😎

I'm sure that would give me another Heart Attack though !
The things I would do if i was a bit younger !!

Rum Man
I too am curious about LRT.

Recent Posts