Must use 30 cal for moose

nah, I cut them into 9 pcs, bag'm and bring them out in a couple of trips on my Honda Foreman 500, just part of the hunting experience, have done it many times over

87287A15-D575-4104-8283-C82E360EDB18.jpeg
AAAFDD31-44A1-4352-80CA-F9EE37A50D34.jpeg

1,000+ pounder NE moose, in deep brambles off the famed 'Kancamagus' scenic byway in NH. Two shots offhand from a peep/aperture sighted 'lowly' 30-30 @ 110-yards using 180-grn roundnose slugs. He began to drop on the 1st shot, both shots hit within 1-1/2" off each other. ... used a skidder to get that boy out!

Enjoyed the pictures here all!

my 300 RUM comment was in agreement that the 300 RUM works extremely well on moose and validation from my personal experience

and I'm not necessarily looking for + or - on the power scale, just something new & different, in both .... cartridge and bullet

I'm always trying new bullets on moose and this past season stomped a bull with my 300 LRC using a Badlands 205 gr Super Bulldozer 2 bullet and watched my brother dump a bull with my 300 RUM using my handloads with the new Federal 175 Ascent bulllet , both bullet/cartridge combos worked extremely well on a couple nice bulls

I'm hoping the new Barnes 208 gr LRX will be out and available before moose season, apparently they have redesigned the bullet for higher bc's and to open up at even longer distances/slower velocities, BUT require an 8 tw barrel for optimum results, so that kind of leaves my factory barreled rifles in 7.82 Warbird, 30-378 WBY, 300 RUM, 300 WBY, 300 Win Mag, 300 WSM, 30-06, 308 Win and 30-30 out of the hunt.... unless rebarreled with a proper twist barrel... but if I'm rebarreling a rifle with a high grade Rock or Bartlein I can't bring myself to do a factory chambering, it always ends up with a wildcat chamber, just the way things work in my world

just brainstorming and scheming on a thirty, thirsty for blood

View attachment 262295
My brain swells just trying to imagine how many Moose and Elk have been killed with a 30-30 or 30-06 while most today seem to think you need to call an artillery strike on the poor critters.

I occasionally point out that our ancestors used to kill their much larger cousins with sharp sticks and sticks tipped with rocks . HA!

Guess it's time for New Years Resolutions !

" I solemnly swear to do my absolute best on working extra hard to drop at least 800 lbs ... with a goal of 1200 lbs by the end of Sept. 2022 ! "

Let the work begin, for a better me !

View attachment 327904
I'd do my best to give him a new home. In my freezer and on my wall.

My brain swells just trying to imagine how many Moose and Elk have been killed with a 30-30 or 30-06 while most today seem to think you need to call an artillery strike on the poor critters.

I occasionally point out that our ancestors used to kill their much larger cousins with sharp sticks and sticks tipped with rocks . HA!
300 TERMINATOR FOR SURE