• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Must sale - kirby built!!!

grit

Must sale - kirby built!!! Sold, pending funds

This almost makes me cry! I am selling to fund a lathe purchase. If I could finance this any other way I would NEVER part with this rifle............ This is my idea of the PERFECT long range rifle!

102_0826.jpg

Specs: 7mm Dakota - Halfway between a 7WSM and 7ultra mag. Superb accuracy, good barrel life, and enormous reach!

Rem 700 trued by Kirby, Gre tan firing pin assembly, Sako extractor, custom bolt handle, Holland recoil lug.
Lilja #6 fluted, 1 in 9, 27".
DE brake.
Manners Gat.
Pachmyer pad.
Seekins 20 moa rail and rings
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50

Condition: Nearly perfect. Round count - 400. The Manners stocks are painted. There is some paint wear.

This rifle is absolutely superb! I guarrantee you won't be dissapointed!

Price:
-I invested-
Rifle $3050
Scope $1700
Mounts $175

$FIRST GOOD OFFER$ I will part rifle and scope.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Bump for an extremely cool looking gun.

Curious, without trying to denegrate a fine gun, how a person could have 3k into a remington action?

I've never had a rifle built, and suspect Labor is a key component here, and would like to learn if you don't mind sharing the build costs. I suspect many are afraid to make an offer with the statement of costs.....

Again, not trying to be disrespectful, but it would be interesting to see a breakdown.

Hope she finds a new home

Allen

Bump for an extremely cool looking gun.

Curious, without trying to denegrate a fine gun, how a person could have 3k into a remington action?

I've never had a rifle built, and suspect Labor is a key component here, and would like to learn if you don't mind sharing the build costs. I suspect many are afraid to make an offer with the statement of costs.....

Again, not trying to be disrespectful, but it would be interesting to see a breakdown.

Hope she finds a new home

Allen

Allen,
No offense taken at all. I'll see how well I remember the details. First off, this is a full custom, components alone are in the $1800 neighborhood. This allows something like $1200 for Kirby's painstaking labor. Kirby being who he is, this is an absolute steal! It's a steal for two reasons, #1- Kirby is an absolute perfectionist and spends far more time on labor than he ought to. #2 - You can't buy a better product at any price, anywhere! I chose to have Kirby true a Rem action rather than buy a custom because I know the finished product has been checked and perfected. Maybe not for resale, but then I never anticipated selling...

Average price for a custom of this nature is going to be right around $3k, however you build. I'll outline as best I remember.

Components are: Action
Rem 700
Holland recoil lug
Gre Tan firing pin assembly
Sako extractor
Jewell trigger
Tactical bolt knob

Labor would include trueing face, threads, locking abutments, bolt face, and bolt lugs. Install and tune trigger, mortise and install Sako extractor, install firing pin assembly, cut and thread bolt handle. This is the basic description, from my poor memory. What it doesn't describe is Kirby's attention to detail and dedication to perfection. I'm sure I've left something out.

Barrel -
Lilja #6, fluted, 27" 1 in 9 twist.
DE brake

Labor here would be chamber, thread, crown, muzzle brake fitting, and engraving. Also, a bead blast finish. At one point I offended Kirby implying I was waiting an awfully long time for what amounted to not much work. Mistake! He explained at length his process. I don't remember those pages. I do remember he stated this portion alone was nearly a full days work! I remember how passionate he was about producing a superb product regardless of time involved. Just as an aside, if you 'd like Kirby to build you one the wait is currently over 18 months!

Stock -
Manners GAT
Pachmyer Decelarator

Labor here would be a pillar bedding job, fitting the pad, and fitting metal components to stock.

I don't remember cost of individual components or services. However it wouldn't take a body long to add up component costs and labor costs.

Thanks for the interest. Hope this helps answer your question.

Last edited:
When you start adding up the nuts and bolts, nits and grits then 3K in the rifle is very understandable. If you were to price in a top of the line custom action @ 1k your at 4k and that's a pretty good price for that gun built by Kirby.

Last edited:
I have personally seen this rifle shot at distance many times and have shot it myself and it is a dream to shoot. Hardly any recoil and that trigger is to die for. Not to mention the action is as smooth as silk.
Good luck Grit.

Thanks Ed and Brian. The rifle is absolutely superb! I rather hope it doesn't sale!

For those who've asked, the scope does not have the zero stop.

Apdate. Scope is spf.
Rings and rail are available.
I would like $2500 for rifle. It's gotta go soon. I have committed to purchasing a lathe.

Thanks Adam. I build most of my furniture.

The rifle's gotta go!