Must Have if you use a spotting Scope!

MBird

If you have or use a spotting scope: you need one of these!
Ever wanted to share the view of your spotting scope, or be able to take pictures or video of what you are seeing.

thanks for watching

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon I'm 'old skool'.....

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

Thanks for the putting that together and sharing.

I too digiscope for shooting.

I use a fairly inexpensive spotter and a Cannon point and shoot. The problem is ease of use. Smart phone is much better, however...

Be cautious of video frame rate. The Cannon P&S frame rate allows, with higher that desirable winds, the shot to land between frames so that the dust cloud at 1200 yards has moved too far to accurately reveal the point of impact.

Same problem with older iPhones. And the iPhone screen is a bit small for ease of use.

The best I have used is a current iPhone with something called FILMIC Pro. The older iPhone won't permit zooming video as can be done with photos.

Zooming videos and going 240 frames/sec makes SloMo quite useful and even darn fun. The whole thing is PDS (purty darn sweet).:)

I have my editing software the will change the frame rate so I do not get the slow motion effect unless i ask for the slow motion pics

Have a great day

V/R
M.Bird

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.