Multi Radial rifling

I think that's Italian for group concentration!
It's pretty interesting but I guess time will tell? I wonder how long it's been out?

It doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling when they say shooters can lap the bore without hurting the rifling. If it was made correctly and there is less drag with this form of rifling then you shouldn't have to lap the bore. Just my .02

Isn't this nothing more than the old 'Metford' rifling as used in the Lee-Metford rifle circa 1890-1910 or so? Same thing that Charles Newton used in his rifles in that era.

It was announced shot show before last.
I think what they mean by lapping is that an amateur can lap to fine polish the bore without risking damaging the edges as there are none.

Cant find much on testing on our soil other than this one where it shows the velocity on a magnetospeed. No above normal velocity with 130gr and that rifling type. That was the one claim that caught my attention..up to 12% more velocity. Maybe something got lost in translation and they meant up to 12% more velocity if you change ammo brands for the same bullet weight!

http://forum.snipershide.com/thread...ype-in-6-5-creedmoor-with-prime-ammo.6401144/

Last edited:
I'm not sure it will be a do all in the velocity department with factory ammo. I think the only way to gain the additional velocity would be to hand load. How it has been explained to me, is that with less engraving force applied, pressures lower, which means you can add more powder. So say your traditional 6 groove rifle shoots a factory load at 60k psi, 3000 fps. With less engraving force, that same factory load may only produce 55k psi and hit 2950-3000, but you can add more powder. It doesn't state the increase is across the board, simply with equal pressures. Similar to coating a bullet.

Not entirely sure if my SWAG is even close, that's just how I took it. All numbers are fictional representations to illistrate a point.

SHM

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.