Mulie hunt

midwesthunter

Looking to do some Mulie hunting/filming next year. Would like to hook up with someone and hunt together, public/private. I'm open. Let me know

Don't know what I will be doing next year, but I can give you advice on a DIY hunt in the Big Horns of Central Wyoming.

Put in for general area M (1st choice) or R (2nd Choice). Drive to Burges junction from Dayton on Hwy 14, Stay on Hwy 14A, Take a drive west on 14A, looking right, or north you'll see several bald mountains. You'll notice they have several patches of trees, mostly birch, pretty high up. Take a day camp and get above those tree lines. As evening comes deer normally come down out of the trees, up there the huge, (and I mean huge) bucks go up, above the trees not down. The does and smaller bucks come down. You'll find all the large bucks you can want. You have to hike up there, or take horses, but its worth it. I'd plain on taking your gear so you can stay up there over night because it'll probably be dark before you get ready to head down.

I like hunting on horses, if it gets dark, just let them have their head, they'll take you back to camp.
Bighorns.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts