Mule deer recommendations

Jordanv1

Looking for recommendations for a mule deer outfitter. Looking for an opportunity to shoot something in the 170-180 class. Solid lodging would preferred as my dad is older and doesn't want to camp. May be asking for a lot but I am based in Texas and preferably would go to somewhere I can purchase a tag or help with draw. Would also want to get my dad a pronghorn. He has been wanting to shoot one for years. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.

I would take a look at Colo Eastern Plains. Warning it may be expensive and you may be on a waiting list for a hunt with the best outfitters.

A couple of years ago I hunted with Bob Beck of Star Valley Outfitters. They claim a 170 average on the deer that they take. You'll need a minimum of 3 preference points if I remember correctly. Comfortable tent camp with good beds and a wood stove in each tent. Horseback hunt in a beautiful area. Ask him about pronghorn too. I saw one of their shows a while back and they were hunting them prior to their deer hunt.
Bruce

Like said above a mainframe 180 is a heck of a deer...go to Sonora--you will shoot him more than likely out of the high rack truck--if that is not your cup of tea--start putting in for good units and cross your fingers...then get your wallet out for a good guide...Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico are good places to start.

Looking for recommendations for a mule deer outfitter. Looking for an opportunity to shoot something in the 170-180 class. Solid lodging would preferred as my dad is older and doesn't want to camp. May be asking for a lot but I am based in Texas and preferably would go to somewhere I can purchase a tag or help with draw. Would also want to get my dad a pronghorn. He has been wanting to shoot one for years. Any help or recommendations are appreciated.
Several outfitters in TX hunt muleys. The high plains have some big deer, 170 doable, 180 a stretch. SW Texas has some desert-type mule deer that are fun to hunt, 170 is about as big as you'll easily find. Stephen West is a good outfitter and Wes Mundy at Double Diamond Outfitters is a great guy to take your dad to hunt with. If you want to go big Mexico is hard to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.