Mueller Scopes???

7stw

Due to a poor financial forecast, (spelled less work hours), I am having to consider, less expensive optics, at least for now, for a rifle or two that I am needing to set up. I have been hearing about the Mueller scope line. They have a tactical 4.5x14 x40 with 30mm tube for 150.00. I know it is not as good as the ones I/we like, but it is coming down to dollars and sense! Has anyone heard anything on them? I am almost embarassed to ask, But I have to!I am told they are Japenese lenses with German coatings. Any thoughts, please be kind!Thanks in advance. 7STW

Last edited:
7stw: I just took delivery on one of those. Built like a tank; optics are clear and sharp, and knobs click clearly. Have not shot it yet but plan to soon. Looks like a lot of scope for the money.

Joe

I just bought a Millett LRS-1 recently and am very pleased with it as far as discount optics. Just something else to consider.

Alot of good things have been said about a lot of respected people on many forums. I will be going with the APT, or the Mueller Tac soon, unless I go with teh Tac 2 or Multishot first. Already have the Eradicator ready for the rimfire bull barrel I am looking at.

A buddy of mine has several Muellers including the one you named. Glass is excellent! I purchased a used 4.5-14APV for my wifes 10/22 from him and to tell you the truth I wish it was mine. And, don't think that these are strictly .22 scopes. That buddy I mentioned mounted one on his Barrett .50BMG, one of the 8-32 Target models, and so far so good, it has stood up to the beast.

Are these reviews from the people fixing to use them still valid? Looking into a budget scope as well. Planning on using it on a 338 LM. I have read a lot of good things about them, but I am concerned about the recoil. Any thoughts?

I hate to say it..but what about a Mueller vs Millet TRS. Both seem like decent value scopes.

Last edited:
My buddy shoots alot of slugs and turkey loads in his 12 ga with a mueller on it and he has never had a problem with it holding up to the recoil. He also fell down once walking through the woods and landed on top of the mueller and landed on some pretty hard frozen ground and the scope still shot just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.