Mueller optics

jsears

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Mueller optics, or know anything about them? They are almost dirt cheap, but might be good for casual shooting. Thanks

Does anyone have any first hand experience with Mueller optics, or know anything about them? They are almost dirt cheap, but might be good for casual shooting. Thanks
I have one APV , I hate it it's very blurry to me. It did seem to adjust ok, but glass is not good on mine

I have used a couple on some of my 22lr's. I pretty much echo what Rilow says. Glass is pretty dark and blurry.

i had one in college back when i new nothing about optics and couldnt afford a real scope. it was an 8.5-25 power. i actually still have it. i would put it on a rimfire plinker but that's about it. i did kill a deer with it on my .308 and worked fine for me. no issues with holding zero. i didnt dial it for shots but i would not trust the tracking in it. there's plenty of stuff out there for not much more than what the muellers cost.

here's what I understand about the manufacturing process of Muellers. They were designed in Germany, the parts are made in different countries (Rich of Mueller won't tell me), the glass is multi-coated Jap glass (good stuff), the scopes are assembled in China and shipped & distributed to Mueller in Michigan. I know I know, China is a bad word, BUT even Nikon is having some of their scopes made in China now. It's hard to get away from anything being made in China, unless of course you want to pay the big bucks for a Leupold, Schmidt & Bender, Doctor or Swarovski. For the money, they're pretty hard to beat for the optics are clear as a bell. I've had folks tell me the glass is pretty close to the Leupold VXII series. They're shockproof, waterproof, fogproof and Rich at Mueller really stands behind his product. They have a lifetime warranty for the original owner, so sometimes you may have to produce a receipt. Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.