Mtn ops vs wilderness athlete

NYSHUNTER

MTN OPS or WILDERNESS ATHLETE

Which is better and why ? I never used either but alot of people recommend both...

MTN OPS or WILDERNESS ATHLETE

Which is better and why ? I never used either but alot of people recommend both...

I can't comment on Wilderness Athlete, but the MTN Ops tasted like hot garbage in shake form. It actually has bits of dehydrated food in the meal replacement shakes and has to be refrigerated. I've tried lots of different protein and meal replacement shakes and MTN Ops was pretty much the worst thing I have tried. I felt like I foolishly fell for a bit of clever marketing, because pretty much every other shake I have tried is light years ahead in taste and ingredients. I usually use progenex or isagenix products with much more success. They provide you will the same level of macronutrients and are much more palatable. I guess taste is pretty **** subjective, who knows, maybe folks like having dried up chunks of a broccoli like substance in their chocolatish flavored drink. Not this guy.

I occasionally use Mtn. Ops. Yeti and Enduro and have no issues with the taste. I can definitely notice a difference when using it in terms of more energy for the day.

+1 on the Enduro. I like the way it works a lot. Haven't tried Wilderness Athlete mostly because I have to order it.

I like the ammo and the chunks in it dont bother me. I also like the magnum whey protein and have used the yeti pre work out. I dont know if any of it helps but it helps get my *** off the couch and working out.

For my needs I chose the WA. I just started on the 28 day challenge product, it is basically a nutrition kit. Makes it great to have some of the products & a nice plan guide to follow.
Shakes taste OK, & work as advertised. I really like the energy & focus drink, It's Great stuff. Also the hydrate & recover drink taste good & works too. Mix the energy drink & the hydrate drink to build what's called a "Superman" Drink.
The Green infusion drink is tuff to get down by itself more than a couple times, but I mix with my
Choc/Berry shake & slug it down. The rest of the kit is Lean Life, multi vitamin, & probiotic tabs.
It's early on in the program for me, but I like the product & feel it's working as advertised for me.
I've already experienced early results I was hoping for.

WA also offers other products as well as a Loyalty Program you can enroll in & get products shipped to you & not run out.
I'll probably enroll, & just pick up my WA stuff at the mailbox on my way by while on my mid day cardio hike around the neighborhood.

Can't comment on the MTN ops.

The value of buying a hunt specific (Not a real thing) nutritional supplement is nonexistent.
These companies, just like others tug at your man card because they are made for hunter, by hunters...its all BS.
Eat better. That's it. You really don't need that stuff unless you're a competitor of some sort.
Go see a dietician and follow their plan. You will do better.
I've been a trainer for a while and have been subject to dales pitches and more for a while. the number of companies peddling their crap is sickening.

I agree with Dave6.5s assement of WA. I use WA products regularly and actually enjoy them especially the energy and focus. I do like the 28 day challenge kit. it has worked for me very well. another member posted about all you need to do is eat right and while I agree with him, i don't always have the best self control when it comes to food. for whatever reason using the WA products tends to help me eat better overall and coupled with my workout routine I've actually gotten in better shape.

........WA also offers other products as well as a Loyalty Program you can enroll in & get products shipped to you & not run out.
I'll probably enroll, & just pick up my WA stuff at the mailbox on my way by while on my mid day cardio hike around the neighborhood.

Can't comment on the MTN ops.

When you enroll in the loyalty program, each product on your loyalty list is SHIPPED FREE !! It ships at whatever interval you want. Shipping costs can add up quickly, and they ship mine by UPS which gets it to me in 3 days. You can go on their website to edit or cancel the loyalty program at any time.

I've had good results with WA....hydrate and recovery mixed with energy and focus........it gets me going

supplements, diet programs, etc. all probably are more hyped up than they are really worth. when it comes to nutrition I think it really comes down to doing what works for you. if MTN OPS or WA work for you use them. they probably aren't for everyone.

Did the WA 28 day challenge. Lost some weight-but because I was eating differently. I think the feel good comes from eating right, excercising, hydrating, and the extra caffeine in the "Energy and Focus." I could not tolerate the E&F because it would keep me awake at night. I agree it is mostly hype-these companies don't manufacture their own products-somebody else does and they just slap their labels on them and hire big names to market them.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts