MT Unlimited

Yes...I missed this year-but usually go..sign up for the less than one...and some of the other raffles they have there...see the tread on bighorn I posted my sheep strategy there. Good luck..and I'm afraid 10 will not sniff it in CO..best chance is a lotto state like NM....but good luck.
Can you post the link to your sheep strategy? I am curious how different it is from mine.

Everyone wants that great BH sheep adventure. Although it can come to fruition but odds against are great. Those that have done this hunt will offer sound advice.
My advice, save your money for a guided hunt in BC, NW territory's or Alaska. Pricey, yes. MTG

I won't discourage from going. It's a tough hunt and can be crowded. Do start accumulating points in all the state's you want to try. Check out Nevada especially. They have the most tags for Desert sheep and the non resident draws will surprise you. Folks get drawn with as few as 4 points or like me (I have 24) and at 73 years of age I'll go if I draw. The prices for Dall's, Stone's and Rockys in Canada and Alaska just keep going up so go there if you can afford it. I've been on 6 sheep hunts over my career (last for Arizona Rocky in 2013, took a B&C ram @179 1/8). I have drawn an Arizona Desert ram as well and a NR Colorado ram. I have 4 sheep on my wall; Alaska Dall's, AZ Desert and Rocky and a Colorado Rocky. Just so I keep the record straight, I've hunted Stone's twice for 28 days over two seasons with one of the best BC outfitters in the Toad River area and never saw a legal ram!!! Did get to spend $$$$$$. Sooo get started. JM

I am getting started as early as I can I'm going to hunt dalls in 2022 at the age of 34, have experience hunting deserts for others not myself and I apply for ten states just trying to chase the dream of hunting sheep for myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.