MT is being sued over trapping... again

threejones

I just read an article the the Daily Interlake stating that FWP is being sued by, get this, Friends of the Wild Swan, Wildearth Guardians, and Alliance for Wild Rockies (I'd post the link but my phone hates me). The suit is an attempt to shut down ALL trapping in Western MT. They claim that too many Canadian Lynx are being caught in snares, 9 total this year. If it they win, kiss any attempt at effecvtive wolf control goodbye.

I found it interesting that the Friends of the Wild Swan would want to keep more swan predators around (unless they mean the Swan Mts, but I doubt it). It's also suprizing that Footloose MT isn't involved... yet.

These guys have been beating everyone with the lynx and they have succeeded in some areas with it, what's funny is if the lynx was in so much trouble why are they getting caught so much in bobcat sets, maybe because there are plenty of them lightbulb
Wolf trapping should not be effected by the lynx, no snares are allowed for wolf and the pan tension is set so high on the wolf traps that a light footed lynx won't set one of.

These guys have been beating everyone with the lynx and they have succeeded in some areas with it, what's funny is if the lynx was in so much trouble why are they getting caught so much in bobcat sets, maybe because there are plenty of them lightbulb
Wolf trapping should not be effected by the lynx, no snares are allowed for wolf and the pan tension is set so high on the wolf traps that a light footed lynx won't set one of.
That's the second best news I've heard all day. The first is the state senate passing the bill to prohibit the enforcement of hi-cap mag/semi-autos ban by the Feds. The vote ended up 24-21, I'm kinda suprized is was that close, too many of Gov. Bullcraps buddies in Helena I guess.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts