MRAD vs MOA. Which one?

Marry a woman that doesn't make you beg for gear. That's the best advice given in this entire thread. You are welcome. 😎

Well this is getting kind of out of hand. Any recommendations for scopes in the $700 range? And that's a pretty hard limit. I had to beg and plead to get the fiancée to agree to $700. So I can't really go higher

864D21C4-76C2-49B2-A60E-B220DE15A863.jpeg

It wouldn't be so funny if you hadn't told me I was poor. 😂🤣😂
Enjoy the eagle!

Moa vs mils the high quality spotters that offer mil scale are a big advantage. But I'm American and my inches, feet and yards seem to come naturally.
My 7 year old is twisting turrets and shooting 800 + with great success. Couple weeks back he shot a 3" group at 475yards chip off the old block.

Well the scope is acting up. Surprise, surprise. When I dial up at range it either won't actually correct, or if it does, it gradually adjusts over several shots. Like the recoil of each shot moves poi up every time. Plus I had to dial an extra 3.5 moa to hit bullseye at 700. Next shot was 1 moa high, next was 1.5 high and last shot was 2 moa high. Not exactly stellar performance. May return it and try an Athlon Midas Tac. We'll see what Vortex has to say

Well the scope is acting up. Surprise, surprise. When I dial up at range it either won't actually correct, or if it does, it gradually adjusts over several shots. Like the recoil of each shot moves poi up every time. Plus I had to dial an extra 3.5 moa to hit bullseye at 700. Next shot was 1 moa high, next was 1.5 high and last shot was 2 moa high. Not exactly stellar performance. May return it and try an Athlon Midas Tac. We'll see what Vortex has to say
Have you done any tall target testing at 100 yards? It would be worth the time just to make sure you don't have anything going on at longer ranges. Make sure your scope is level before you fire each shot. Does sound like you have tracking issues though.

Have you done any tall target testing at 100 yards? It would be worth the time just to make sure you don't have anything going on at longer ranges. Make sure your scope is level before you fire each shot. Does sound like you have tracking issues though.
It's a Vortex made in China or the Phillipps of corse it has tracking issues. With Vortex if it's not Razor or AMG it's gonna cash in on the warranty at least once.

Yeah it's back on page 12 of this thread. It did pretty good. With 30 moa dialed at EXACTLY 100 yards, it adjusted 32 inches rather than about 31.5. So that wouldn't explain the jumping around. It's my first Vortex so Fred could very well be correct. They did good by me with warranty work on my binos. But if there is a problem with the scope, I'm more inclined to return it and try something else rather than send it in for warranty. Gonna look at Athlon Midas Tac and Zeiss

Tall target test sounds like it worked now you have issues when dialing at true yards. Did you measure your ES and SD on your loads? Curious to know if those were recorded?

Tall target test sounds like it worked now you have issues when dialing at true yards. Did you measure your ES and SD on your loads? Curious to know if those were recorded?
My buddy has my magneto right now so I can't test this particular load. But I tried a different load last week and it has an ES of 17 and it did the same thing. I would suspect ES if it didn't move up and only up with every sequential shot. It's perplexing

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.