Do you prefer MRAD or MOA and why?

• Total voters
I've had both and have found the MOA calculations fit my old brain the best. When I was shooting an MRAD scope I was constantly converting metric to inches in my head. It was particularly confusing, when sighting my rifle using a target with 1" squares on it. 1/4 inch clicks just fit better than .336 in clicks!

I grew up on both as an army sniper/instructor. I personally use both, but have always used a adjustable BDC on all my optics for speed. Zero your weapon, record settings for each yard line in your data book. Apply a good porous tape such as hockey stick tape, write each numeric setting on the tape in pencil. (Pencil doesn't run when wet). Then you're set. As your barrel wears, ammo changes, swap optics on rifles, etc you simply erase and adjust. See pics. It's fast! Just lase, dial, set parallex and send it. And, you don't have to pay for custom dials 😎
Well aren't you just a D.O.P.E. of a guy having a data book.. When new people come to our club we ask them what is their "DOPE". If they say well I don't smoke anymore, we tell them to go home.
Semper Fi!!!

By the way I still have my "DATA Books" from the Corps. I found a box in my basement a few months ago and had some Data books on my equipment as well as my NCO notes on the Platoon that took care of me. Pages were starting to rot away, but can remember the day I wrote the notes like right now. WOW some of these posts bring back memories. I could almost say "Brings Tears to My Eyes", but NAW, I'm a Marine!
Semper FI!

By the way I still have my "DATA Books" from the Corps. I found a box in my basement a few months ago and had some Data books on my equipment as well as my NCO notes on the Platoon that took care of me. Pages were starting to rot away, but can remember the day I wrote the notes like right now. WOW some of these posts bring back memories. I could almost say "Brings Tears to My Eyes", but NAW, I'm a Marine!
Semper FI!
I retired in 2004 and had my books on all my systems up until about 4 years ago. But yeah, it does stick. I still remember specific events, locations, elevations and ranges...You cannot spend those amounts of time on glass and not burn to memory.

I retired in 2004 and had my books on all my systems up until about 4 years ago. But yeah, it does stick. I still remember specific events, locations, elevations and ranges...You cannot spend those amounts of time on glass and not burn to memory.
Wow you words are an impact Just thinking about it now. I was going to take some pictures of just the covers on my Data books so others can see a piece of history. If I go down the basement and find my field books, I'll burn them. Should have done that 45 years ago. Don't want past anymore. good idea that yours's were gone 4 years ago.
Lets just hunt and shoot and enjoy life!

I'm old so one of my scopes has a mil reticle and moa adjustments lol. On my PSS 308 I prefer the mil/ mil scopes. On hunting I think I'd like a moa/moa on sfp. Either one works, just depends on your how your mind works.

Honestly, if you are asking this question then it should be MIL unless you have some major reason to go to MOA like the aforementioned scenario of having hunting buddies calling shots in MOA. Even then, if you can spot strikes in the tree, it doesn't matter what the measurement is and better still everyone is in MILs. Unless you are stuck with a lot of predisposition to MOA from years of experience you are much ahead to go MIL.