MR Crewcab + best binocular case system?

Epee

I would like some suggestions as to the best method to attach a binocular case to my Mystery Ranch Crewcab while hiking, and then use it as a standalone binocular case to carry around without the crewcab?

Thanks for the information and thoughts.

I'm leaning towards the FHF, or AGC. There's even a chest pack called Ribz that can be worn under the pack, but it's not padded. I want to carry both the binos and the G7 rangefinder upfront and ready to use. I use to carry my binos slung across and under one arm 8x32 Swarovski, but I moved to a 10X42 Khales so I'm looking for a better system.

I use the vortex razor 10x42 and the G7BR2 .. G7 just came out with a new case that can latch on to the hip belt of the MRCC or any of the straps.. MR has the flip top box that is perfect for the G7BR2

MR has there little flip top case that the G7 conveniently fits in :) and straps to your waist belt I have mine on the right side and can get at it with pack on pretty fast. and I have tried all the harnesses out there and the kuiu is by far the lightest and most non cluttering harness I've used. All I need the harness to do is hold my binos securely not them, six calls, water bottle, cell phone, camera, tripod, flashlight etc. I guess im a non clutter guy. And when im hiking in the dark or going a ways before the fun begins I have the day lid that attaches to my Crew Cab top and ill throw my binos in there easy to get at.

338 good idea, I have the little case from MR, and that will work for the G7. I will try the Kuiu case first and see how it goes. I also have the top lid and use it the same way.

Thank you for your suggestions, it is appreciated.

Just wondering since this thread was about the MR CC .. Whats the longest you guys have stood out in the back country while using your crewcab ?

I have never been out more than a couple of days, with about an 8 hour hike from my vehicle. All of my camping is various elevations of desert terrain.

The most I been was 5 days bivy sack hunting but was very ultra light.. I'm starting to feel it's a nice day pack to weekend hunt pack..

Well there is always the MR weapons carry pack. It looks like it could pack anything anywhere. It looks like it has the higher load lifter straps too. I added a load lifter system to my MR and it helped make the pack more comfortable. The MR CC does everything I need it to do for my hunting. I added a Kifaru gun bearer and it works great. Along with the TAB Elite biatholon sling for my rifle, when I drop the pack, and I have a system that works for me. Hip is going though so I don't know how much longer.

The CC For 3 to 5 day hunts with the lid and gun bearer it's the best pack in business .. But This year I'm looking at 7 plus days on the mountain for one hunt and another 7 days in on another hunt.. So I'm thinking about a Bigger pack like the kirafu emr 2 or the new Marshall pack by MR . Since these hunts will require something more then a bivy .. I need the extra load space ..

I was hoping to see if anyone spent 7 days or more with the CC. So I can see how they packed it out

You are probably right, it's good for 3-5 days, but you can switch out packs with the NICE frame, and save a little money.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.