Moyers Triggers for Browning A-Bolts

Garrum

I was wondering if any of you guys had used, or known anyone that had used the Moyers trigger for the Browning A-Bolt? My dad had an A-Bolt with a terrible trigger and Moyers seems to be the only compnay making a replacment. Thanks for the info in advance.

I just installed a Moyer in my Composite Stalker A-Bolt. If you are mechanicaly inclined you won't have a problem. It comes with excellent instructions. Worst part is filing the saftey to fit. And as the instructions say, go lightly with the file. I can adjust mine down to 2lbs, with a clean let-off. Took me about an hour to install and adjust.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: Al Walewski ]

I installed one on my 300 RUM a couple of months ago. It's pretty much like Al said. Not too difficult if you are mechanically inclined and feel confident taking a file to your safety. If not, a smith could do it for you for a small fee.

I set mine to 2 1/2 pounds, nice and crisp. That simply cannot be accomplished with the factory trigger.

I don't know how these compare with the big name triggers out there since this is the only one I've done but I guess it doesn't matter since they're the only game in town for A-Bolts.

It accomplished what it was supposed to. But I did think the price was a bit high for what you're getting. I guess if you want a good trigger, they have the market cornered for A-Bolts so you don't really have a choice.

In short, if your dad wants a better trigger, the Moyers will make him happy if he doesn't mind the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.