Moyers Triggers for Browning A-Bolts

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Garrum, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Garrum

Garrum Member

I was wondering if any of you guys had used, or known anyone that had used the Moyers trigger for the Browning A-Bolt? My dad had an A-Bolt with a terrible trigger and Moyers seems to be the only compnay making a replacment. Thanks for the info in advance.

2. AJ300MAG

AJ300MAG Well-Known Member

I just installed a Moyer in my Composite Stalker A-Bolt. If you are mechanicaly inclined you won't have a problem. It comes with excellent instructions. Worst part is filing the saftey to fit. And as the instructions say, go lightly with the file. I can adjust mine down to 2lbs, with a clean let-off. Took me about an hour to install and adjust.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: Al Walewski ]

3. Jon A

Jon A Well-Known Member

I installed one on my 300 RUM a couple of months ago. It's pretty much like Al said. Not too difficult if you are mechanically inclined and feel confident taking a file to your safety. If not, a smith could do it for you for a small fee.

I set mine to 2 1/2 pounds, nice and crisp. That simply cannot be accomplished with the factory trigger.

I don't know how these compare with the big name triggers out there since this is the only one I've done but I guess it doesn't matter since they're the only game in town for A-Bolts.

It accomplished what it was supposed to. But I did think the price was a bit high for what you're getting. I guess if you want a good trigger, they have the market cornered for A-Bolts so you don't really have a choice.

In short, if your dad wants a better trigger, the Moyers will make him happy if he doesn't mind the price.