Moving to Texas

You can't really go by that. Our Legislature is about 80% red. Those guys are getting stuff done. Yes we have a RINO Gov, but he will be gone soon. Folks around here get it. The Libs are whining big time and no one is listening except non-residents. You should look at what those guys put into law this year, what is on Asa's desk, and what they are doing to change the schools. However, afraid when they get done they may have to close OUR borders!! Arkansas has really changed, for the better.
We have a Rino Gov also. One of my best friends lives in Pyatt Ak.. I could swear and we both commented that he and I, Ar. And Wy. Were the 1 and 2 red state after O'Biden was supposedly elected . If I was to move, it would be to Ar. . Gun laws, Carry, everything is the same.

We left Texas a few years ago. Austin area is growing at an incredible rate. In 2016 it was almost 10,000 people a month moving to Austin! I love the Hill Country but it's a tough state for non-land owners to hunt. There are plenty of leases and day hunts but a big portion of them are fly by night. It takes a lot of homework to find reputable outfitters and land owners. A good deer hunt or lease is going to be several thousand dollars easily and they'll be limited usage. If you find one that's open to you and the other leaseholders without restriction beware. It's usually shot out without managing it. A deer in Texas needs a lot more land to survive on than a lot of other states. In my area a deer may be born and die on a square mile, in Texas it's more like 5 to 25. Just getting to go shoot was getting dicey. As the houses creep up on ranges they sue and sue until they shut them down. Death by litigation. Some of my favorite areas in centex are Llano and Lampassas. The Llano river and highland lakes are great fishing, especially if you like gar and catfish. Its darn pretty too. Marble Falls was my last home. West Texas in my opinion is still like Texas in the old days. The area around Breckinridge, Throckmorton is pretty nice. The area between DFW and Abilene is pretty serene. The school thing is tough. If you want opportunity you almost have to be in the bigger cities or their outskirts. With that comes the gang and crime. I'd seriously consider private schools. South Texas where I grew up is a no go in my opinion. It's no longer American friendly. San Antonio used to be awesome in the 80s and early 90s but now its nerve wracking to even drive through. Dont go downtown after dark. Anywhere south of San Antonio go armed. Of the DFW area I prefer Fort Worth the better of the two on up through Frisco. From Frisco (a nice town) it's an easy commute up into South OK and Witchita Falls areas as well as various lakes to recreate on the Texoma border. I've never felt out of place or uncomfortable in Ft Worth. I'm sure there are bad areas like every other big city. If I had my choice I dont think I'd go for Texas overall but you cant beat the sunshine but it sure can beat you.

That irritates me also. I see homeless camps in every big city. A saw one in Denver last year that was big. All nice new tents. More crime . More drugs. More disease . All paid for by you and I . I know it's a problem and hard to answer. I want to know what they do or where they go in the winter. Saw them year round under frwy overpasses in San Diego but it rarely gets below 40 there in winter.
In Missoula, MT they camp out by the river, and s**T all over the place. Even during the winter. They always getting into trouble their. During flooding stages they have had to get them out. The one's I feel sorry for is the Vet's, that have lost it. I seen several that had lost it from Vietnam, there wasn't much that the government did for them for a very long time. In Vietnam I ETS at the time I got back. My last mission was the night before I left. 24 hrs later I was in Oakland, and out of the Army in 18hrs. Put out on the street with a boot in the *ss. In about 48 hrs, I went from trying to kill people and carrying a rifle and pistol. Not time to cool off and get you head somewhat straight out. I knew of one person that had big problems after coming out of Iraq. I got the parents to contact their congressman. The congressman finally got the kid in, and now he doing a lot better. The congressman had an R after his name. The problems is we send our kids off to war, and don't finish it, and that started in in the 50's and continue today. If we are not going to finish what we start, then don't go. Trump did a petty good job of cleaning things up. Now STUPID Biden doesn't know where he's going. "Worried about our country" now. The USA is still the best place to live.

We have a Rino Gov also. One of my best friends lives in Pyatt Ak.. I could swear and we both commented that he and I, Ar. And Wy. Were the 1 and 2 red state after O'Biden was supposedly elected . If I was to move, it would be to Ar. . Gun laws, Carry, everything is the same.
SB298 has passed and is sitting on Asa's desk. He will most likely Veto and be overridden AGAIN. Called the Soverenty Act, it nullifies all Federal gun laws starting with the NFA, outlaws taxes and stamps on guns, and also outlaws other Federal over reaches to the Bill of Rights. Just hope it gets to the Supreme Court before they get a chance to pack it with Libs. Would be a great thing for every American.

SB298 has passed and is sitting on Asa's desk. He will most likely Veto and be overridden AGAIN. Called the Soverenty Act, it nullifies all Federal gun laws starting with the NFA, outlaws taxes and stamps on guns, and also outlaws other Federal over reaches to the Bill of Rights. Just hope it gets to the Supreme Court before they get a chance to pack it with Libs. Would be a great thing for every American.

That bill is worth a read. Maybe something a few more states could copy?

Link to bill:

Amen to that brother . I remember when Wyoming was the first state to pass law preventong Feds from enforcing gun laws in the this state. It said any fed that came here to do would be arrested. Other states followed . Tn. Was one. Was during Obummers prez stint. I read up on it and it looked like it wasn't law ? I'm not sure now. We had officials with balls back then and not rino wimp Gordon for Gov.

Thanks for all the great input guys, I really appreciate it. We are reevaluating our move (man Arkansas sounds great!!). We might delay the move until the kids finish HS, that will give us more options.
You would like Arkansas. We have an abundance of public land, reasonable leases on private land, mountains, coastal plains, and everything in between. We have too many deer and hogs, elk (one per lifetime) bear, turkeys, and waterfowl. We are blessed with large clear lakes, great fishing, and the best Brown Trout fishery in the World. Our Game and Fish does a great job stocking both fish and animals and have created a lot of opportunity. Most folks are very conservative and liberals are confined mostly to Little Rock, Fayetteville, and Bentonville. Besides these three cities you will be welcomed warmly if you are very conservative. Shunned if you are not. Stay our of these places and the schools are pretty good. They are going to be much better when they finish throwing the Federal Government out of them.

Montana changed their laws at the first of the year. 1. That was given the power to determine how firearms are purchased from a private party. No requirements. 2. No City can make rule on this. Missoula tried, but lost out. 3. No requirements to carry concealed firearm in the state. If I remember correctly the right to bear arms is now being protected by the state too. We have an attorney general that's very pro gun. Is working on protecting our rights too. Idaho I believe is much the same way. The state government has moved to the right, big time as of Nov 2020. My only concern is how many lefty move into the state. I wish they would stay in lefty states. I came from Mex-lifornia, but I am very pro-gun.

Montana changed their laws at the first of the year. 1. That was given the power to determine how firearms are purchased from a private party. No requirements. 2. No City can make rule on this. Missoula tried, but lost out. 3. No requirements to carry concealed firearm in the state. If I remember correctly the right to bear arms is now being protected by the state too. We have an attorney general that's very pro gun. Is working on protecting our rights too. Idaho I believe is much the same way. The state government has moved to the right, big time as of Nov 2020. My only concern is how many lefty move into the state. I wish they would stay in lefty states. I came from Mex-lifornia, but I am very pro-gun.
Now how do you mean Mex-lifornia?