Moving to Lansing, Michigan

Jud96

Hey all! I will be moving to the Lansing, Michigan area in a couple weeks. I'll be living in Holt, MI to be exact. I want to continue my hobbies and keep hunting, shooting, reloading, and long rage of course. On that note, can anybody in the area fill me in on the hunting in the area and also are there any stores that have a nice reloading selection nearby? Thank you guys. I'm excited for this new chapter!

I can't help you now, since I moved out of Michigan in 2007. What I will tell you is that deer camp is one of the greatest things ever and I miss not being a part of it. I will guarantee that you will find many like minded people in your neighborhood and you will probably get invited to go "Up North" to someone's hunting land and cottage for rifle opener on November 15th (maybe not this year since you're so new to the area, but you never know). Lot's of good gun shops, but you won't find a lot of long range calibers since most shoot 30-06 or smaller. Most shots are under 200 yards since you're usually in some thick woods. Good luck on your new adventure. Lots of really good people in the state of Michigan.........salt of the earth!!

I can't help you now, since I moved out of Michigan in 2007. What I will tell you is that deer camp is one of the greatest things ever and I miss not being a part of it. I will guarantee that you will find many like minded people in your neighborhood and you will probably get invited to go "Up North" to someone's hunting land and cottage for rifle opener on November 15th (maybe not this year since you're so new to the area, but you never know). Lot's of good gun shops, but you won't find a lot of long range calibers since most shoot 30-06 or smaller. Most shots are under 200 yards since you're usually in some thick woods. Good luck on your new adventure. Lots of really good people in the state of Michigan.........salt of the earth!!
Thank you! I'm really excited

Welcome. I'm S.W. of Lansing about 1.45 hr. Lots of good hunting and fishing here in MI. The Great Lakes offer great walleye and salmon fishing too. As for reloading you won't have to look far. I'm not familiar with the local shops there but I would guess there are a couple good ones.

Welcome. I'm S.W. of Lansing about 1.45 hr. Lots of good hunting and fishing here in MI. The Great Lakes offer great walleye and salmon fishing too. As for reloading you won't have to look far. I'm not familiar with the local shops there but I would guess there are a couple good ones.
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the outdoors in Michigan. I'm hoping to make friends and find some long range shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.