Moving to Colorado

chain

Moving to Colorado between Ft Collins and Denver. Looking for info on ranges and places to shoot. Going on ReCon trip this week. Will be there 1 June. Thanks

I live in Longmont, near the peoples republik of boulder. I shoot at http://www.ncrgc.org/, and I think we are accepting new members. Many of the clubs around here have long waiting lists (I was told the wait at one club was 106 years!). There is a public range at http://www.pawneesports.com/ that seems reasonable. One benefit to the pawnee area is that you can shoot in the pawnee grass lands. All you need is a GPS, and a map of the area. The other range I have shot at is http://wcfw.org/. Most of the ranges cost around $70-120/year, with some sort of work requirement. The ones I listed are closer to Ft. Collins.

I've shot at the Pawnee Sportsmen's Club and it's a pretty nice range but only goes to 200 yards. There is also a cowboy actions range, trap, skeet and five stand. It is on private land and not the grasslands though. This range is about 1/2 hour east of FtC on Highway 14. It has public hours and also a membership option that allows you to shoot whenever there isn't a organized shoot.

There is another members only range north of town that probably has a long waiting list and stretches out to 600 yards or so.

You can shoot in the grasslands too, but be sure to have a map and gps so you don't trespass on the checkboard of private land in the area.

Good luck with the move, it's a beautiful country with great weather and you can't beat resident permit prices for elk tags!

Thanks Guys. I am looking forward to it. Wife is dragging her feet though. Economy is pretty **** poor here in Michigan, I wonder if the Democrat/Woman Governor can see what she has done the last few years.

If you ahev the time and inclination, head up to the Pawnee Grasslands. There is place to shoot to the right as you drive in. I've left a lot of lead at that spot.

Thanks I was looking at it on the map. Do you just go in there and set up and start shooting ? Do you need a permit?

This is a great post because i am moving in june to Grand junction. I cant wait for the move but need to find out about facilities in that area. Good luck with your move. It sounds like you are looking forward to it as much as i am.

I am looking forward to it. I was out there last weekend looking for housing. Stopped off at Rocky Mountain National Park, What a place.

Speaking of mild winters, Last week I tried to fly out to Colorado on Thursday a.m. The plane I was to fly out on skidded off the runway and lost the front landing gear the night before. Lost a day and hotel plus a buch of appts. I think last weeks snow storm can be attributed to global warning.

[ QUOTE ]
I think last weeks snow storm can be attributed to global warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think, 17" of snow in April. I'm thinking all of our seasons are off a month.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts