Moving to Cleveland, OH

waspocrew

Hi all,
I just found out I'll be moving my small family to Cleveland, OH to start my medical residency. Just curious to hear if there are any decent rifle ranges (300+ yards) in the area? The range selection in Richmond, VA has been disappointing compared to my home in SE Idaho.

Any suggestions would be great! I doubt I'll have a ton of free time to shoot, but if I can sneak out every now and then, some longer shots would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
I just found out I'll be moving my small family to Cleveland, OH to start my medical residency. Just curious to hear if there are any decent rifle ranges (300+ yards) in the area? The range selection in Richmond, VA has been disappointing compared to my home in SE Idaho.

Any suggestions would be great! I doubt I'll have a ton of free time to shoot, but if I can sneak out every now and then, some longer shots would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!
I know nothing, but want to wish you the very best in your residency. Send me your Sherman and I'll keep the cobwebs out. Good Luck!

I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio but moved to a small town about 25 miles away 3 years ago. The crime in Cleveland is not good depending on where you live, I did not live in a good area.

There isn't much long range here. I joined a club that is about 45 min away that has a 300 yd range. There are ranges to 1000 yds about an hour south.

Let me be the first to welcome you.

I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio but moved to a small town about 25 miles away 3 years ago. The crime in Cleveland is not good depending on where you live, I did not live in a good area.

There isn't much long range here. I joined a club that is about 45 min away that has a 300 yd range. There are ranges to 1000 yds about an hour south.

Let me be the first to welcome you.
Thanks! I appreciate it. I'll have to look into ranges once we move!

Hi all,

The only range within a hour of Cleveland that I know of that *might* have 300yards is Kelblys outside Marshallville (Wayne County).

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!
Hello, are you still looking for a range in Ohio? I, belong to a pretty god one just north of canton. My e-mail [email protected]

Remember to check Ohio laws! I think deer rifles have to be straight walled.
When I lived there it was shotguns so they have changed some?
That's an area to keep your eyes open and carry your pistol!

Trying to find a club in Northeast Ohio can be a challenge, but there are a few options. On the east there is Solon Sportsmen's Association which has ranges from 30 to 600 yards and Crooked Creek Conservation Club has ranges up to 300 yards. To the south of Cleveland is Ashland Lakes Gun Club with ranges up to 300 yards.The downside to these clubs is knowing someone to sponsor you for membership. Solon Sportsmen's Association is a CMP affiliate and NRA membership is a must to join. I'm not sure about Crooked Creek or Ashland Lakes, but I believe membership requirements are the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.