Moving to America

jericho

Well..I got issued my immigrant visa(Green card) for the USA last week. Move to US on April 11. Looking forward to it.Will be nice to live in a country that hopefully is a little safer than my crime riddled home- country.

Hi there.
Coming from South Africa. Probably moving to NY as I am in the photography business(I assist photographers). My in-laws are in Connecticut, so ultimately will look at bottom of CT so I can access NY easier.

Good for you. We have a lot of beautiful country to see. It usually takes a life time to see it all. Good Luck

Bring all of your friends and relatives. Bring all of those from Rhodesia too (I won't dignify the current state of tyranny by calling it 'Zimbabwe')! We can use as many productive immigrants as we can get, especially those that hunt and shoot!

Bring all of your friends and relatives. Bring all of those from Rhodesia too (I won't dignify the current state of tyranny by calling it 'Zimbabwe')! We can use as many productive immigrants as we can get, especially those that hunt and shoot!
WOW! I am still so encouraged by the warm welcomes I am getting. Its always scary leaving your home country ,but this is very encouraging. Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.