Moving from CA to MT!!!

Daves762

Well I am finally escaping San Diego CA.

Livingston MT here I come..........

Anyone have the "inside scoop" on where to buy best property for the buck in that area??

Anyone know anything about that area of MT and would like to share I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks.

Dave

Welcome! I really like the Livingston area, beautiful place. Can't give you any advice on where to hunt there, but I am sure you will figure it out once you are there.

Jeff

PS, I moved to MT about 3 yrs ago. People will most likely be a little shy to trust at first. But just try to become part of what is here and the ways things are done. Leave all " The way we did it's" back where you came from and just enjoy the way it is here. I showed up to help with some fence building and brandings and met some good friends / neighbors. Once they seen I was not afraid to get dirty and help a neighbor or two things were alot friendlier. Best advice I have for ya is be a good neighbor. In just 3 short years I have made some of the best friends of my life. We simply love Montana and the people here.

Jeff

Also Dave, we will be looking for ya this summer at some of the long range shoots I put on in Townsend. You will be in driving distance now.

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Dave, we will be looking for ya this summer at some of the long range shoots I put on in Townsend. You will be in driving distance now.

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am from IL and the wife is from Belt MT so i have experienced the shy "he's a city boy" thing.......it's cool I don't like people fromt he city either...... HA!! thats why I'm leaving...

I will get settled and be in touch.

Thanks for the advice..

Yes I am from IL and the wife is from Belt MT so i have experienced the shy "he's a city boy" thing.......it's cool I don't like people fromt he city either...... HA!! thats why I'm leaving...

I will get settled and be in touch.

Thanks for the advice..
Well 2 good things. Belt has a brewery, and your wife should be able to connect you to some good hunting in the Highwood:D

If you're moving to Livingston, you'll need one of these!!!!

Attachments

• wind.jpg
    wind.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 20
You ain't seen wind til you been to Livingston. About 20 years ago, I was reading a Patagonia catalog. There was a guy in a pic that had his coat unzipped and was holding it by the bottom at both zippers. He was about two feet off the ground. The wind was making him fly! Yep, Livingston.
Several years ago, the road up the pass was blocked off due to wind. They have gates across the interstate for just that occasion. Whe the wind came up, it blew a couple semis off the road and there were emergency vehicles attending. One "trucker" thought he knew better than everybody, so he drives around the gates. He gets up to the scene and his truck is blown over on to two Sheriffs' vehicles. I imagine he no longer has a CDL.
One more. When I was in college in Bozo, they had just started to develop wind power. There were three big windmills on the flat east of Liv. that the University used for info. One day I am reading the Sun. paper and the headlines say "Windmill blows down"! I guess the brake failed and the blades broke the sound barrier before coming off.
Pretty country, but everything leans! Don't mean to scare you. Now everything will seem mild in comparison. :)

I have some Hi Cap Mags and a .50 BMG i Can loan you to get it out of your system :D

Still cant believe so much is banned in Cali, thats why they are so bankrupt.

MADE IT!!! forst day at new firehouse tomarrow and most stuff unpacked. Even sighted in the 22 this morning.

Counted 23 deer from the kitchen table looking out the window..

Attachments

• Montana Move 032.jpg
    Montana Move 032.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Montana Move 039.jpg
    Montana Move 039.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 18
MADE IT!!! forst day at new firehouse tomarrow and most stuff unpacked. Even sighted in the 22 this morning.

Counted 23 deer from the kitchen table looking out the window..

Yep, sounds like Montana!! Welcome home to the both of you.

Jeff

PS, I had 300+ elk out my window this am and a bobcat in my yard yesterday afternoon.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.