Move over 6.5 Creedmoor something New is Coming Thru ...

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Rogue Rider, Sep 1, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

Tags:
  1. 6mm Creed.

38.2%
  2. 6.5mm Creed.

61.8%
  1. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Watched some friends video of them trap dooring mule deer at long range with the 6mm Creed and a Berger 115, man it's a lethal combination!!

mtlager, 436, jasonco and 3 others like this.
  2. jasonco

jasonco Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Well in that case, do you know what your PBR is?!

3. RAGGED EDGE

RAGGED EDGE Well-Known Member

Can't vote, either, but I can skirt the edge. I have a .243 with an 8.5 twist, a .260 with an 8", a 7-08 with a 9.25" and a .308 with an 8. Between them I don't think I'll be running up against anything that can't be handled at any sane range. OOPS, almost forgot the .22-250 with the 1 in 8" also.

4. Rogue Rider

Rogue Rider Well-Known Member

Some of the ' Lite Caliber/Varminter Class '
    Target Competitions that are going on here are for ' Centerfire only ' with a Bullet restriction of no larger than .257" in Diameter the .243" 6mm Creed is an extremely effective round for this
    ' Class C ' Competition

For the ' Class B ' Target Competitions ' that allow from a .243" up to anything under a .30 Caliber Bullet, the 6mm Creed. is still able to hold it's own.

But in the ' Class A ' Target Competitions that only allow .30 Caliber Bullets , it's time to bring out the the bigger guns

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  5. Rogue Rider

IMG_20190628_222509546.jpg

This is the Savage 110 Desert Tactical Factory Rifle in a 6mm Creed. that I chose to try out and I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a 6mm Creed. to try out before investing a lot $$$ into it.

6. skipglo

skipglo Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

Well it's just become time for all other 6.5's to take a back seat... Weatherby just launched their new 6.5 RPM TODAY....( Of course they did...5 months late for me!)

Warbird2006 likes this.
  7. PBR driver

PBR driver Well-Known Member

Let us not forget the 6mm PPC when you are talking about really good 6mm cartridges.
    It is only held back by the rifling twist and a bit less powder capacity.
    The 6mm PPC was at one time the most accurate caliber going.

Rogue Rider and Don A Parsons like this.
  8. Jud96

Jud96 Well-Known Member

The PPC still is one of, if not the most accurate short range cartridge there is. It’s not a long range round though, it’s best at 100, 200, and 300 yards. It dominates short range bench rest. If you really wanted to, you could build one with an 8 twist, but that’s where the 6BRA and Dasher come in.

Warbird2006 and Barrelnut like this.
  9. Don A Parsons

Don A Parsons Well-Known Member

I can't vote either since I sold my 6mm Remington a loooooong time ago...

Fun cartridge fore sure,,, but my Two mid size 30 calibers and my new 6.5 Wildcat will hold in there with the best of them """if""" I can get a clean break from the trigger... Ha...

Rogue Rider likes this.
  10. WalksLikeADeer

WalksLikeADeer Well-Known Member

Have you (or anyone) tried any varmint bullets in the 6 CM 1:8 twist, 55-58 grainish? Just wondering how the higher twist works with the smaller bullets?

11. loonie

loonie Well-Known Member

I use the light bullets in a 8 twist 6 Dasher. Devastating on gophers. 87 v-max lightest I tried in 6 creed. Over 3300 fps they were not making it to the target !!

WalksLikeADeer and bigngreen like this.
  12. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

It's called practice, comes in handy when hunting season rolls around!!

13. Rogue Rider

I had some really good results with the 87gr. V-MAX Bullets using a variety of powders and also the
    Factory 87gr. V-MAX Ammo.

Jud96 and WalksLikeADeer like this.
  14. CaptnC

CaptnC Well-Known Member

In my little world west side of Houston Texas; from what I see on the ground at the range...the 6mm Creedmoor has a lot of ground to make up. I bet I see 50 cases in 6.5 CM to one 6mm CM.

I don't recall finding any the last two trips.

Jud96 likes this.