Mounting Eliminator III Question

drwindmill

I'm mounting this scope on a 6.5 Creedmoor and am wondering where the shims are supposed to go? Front or rear? They are labeled a,b, and c. There is nothing that came in the box to explain this question.

They go in the front only if you need them. They are to give back moa of elevation if needed to zero at 100. The Eliminator III does not have a lot of adjustment so if you had a 20 moa rail you would use the shims if needed to get you back to zero.

What mounts do you have?

Should have been instruction in the box.

Jeff

They go in the front only if you need them. They are to give back moa of elevation if needed to zero at 100. The Eliminator III does not have a lot of adjustment so if you had a 20 moa rail you would use the shims if needed to get you back to zero.

What mounts do you have?

Should have been instruction in the box.

Jeff

Thanks for the answer, I'm using a Talley 20moa base.

Thanks for the answer, I'm using a Talley 20moa base.

You may need one in font then. I would try it first though with nothing, the idea of a shim didn't do much for my confidence in holding zero. This is where a bore sighter is handy then you could see what you have left for adjustment from the bench.

Jeff

It is definitely is a horse s#@t way to mount a scope. Be better if they made some rings that would work in my opinion.

I didn't use them. Just could not bring myself to it. I made a shim from shim stock and bedded it in under the rail. In the end I have a 100% contact surface between the rail and action plus the strength of the epoxy.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.