Mountain tactical mags for Tikka T3x

startrek1761d

I have a Tikka T3X in 6.5 PRC, I think I want a Mountain Tactical magazine to replace the factory plastic mag. I called MT and they said the SA mag works for the PRC, I sent them a message later and they said the LA mag works for the PRC. What gives, anyone know which one works? thanks

the SA will work with the rifle as is with factory ammo and give you a bit more OAL room. If you hand load and need more room, the LA mags and a LA bolt stop will give you all the room you could ever need.

Those mags look great on paper, but the reviews aren't that promising. What specifically didn't you like about them?

They should have at least lined the lips with polymer or teflon. Metal mags are always rougher feeding and harder on brass.

I have the LA for a 7SAUM and one for .223, haven't had many rounds through the LA one but have had trouble with the .223 feeding. It won't pick up the next round. MT said to lube the back face of the mag where the case head would slide up.
I'll keep trying it but the next batch of reloads for it will be loaded to fit in the factory mag.