Mountain Ops Vs Coffee/Energy drinks

d_wit22

So what do you guys think? Trying to find a replacement that doesn't make me pee so much. Love something that would give all day energy. Mountain ops is pricey and was wondering if that was worth it?

So what do you guys think? Trying to find a replacement that doesn't make me pee so much. Love something that would give all day energy. Mountain ops is pricey and was wondering if that was worth it?
I used them in the past. Now I drink water and get my energy from snacks/food. I occasionally have a bottle of Gatorade for the electrolytes. PBJ is my go-to snack for a quick energy boost. BTW, nothing wrong with peeing a lot; it's good for you. LOL!

As FEENIX mentioned Gatorade is a way to replace electrolytes and certain foods will give you some energy. I have to have coffee in the morning but caffeine pills will give you a crash after a few hours. I started taking B vitamins and they seem to have helped my old man decreased energy without a crash.

Attachments

• 861F58D2-07E9-48FF-B210-D329D672442C.jpeg
    861F58D2-07E9-48FF-B210-D329D672442C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 79
B vitamin supplements are vital my day to day energy level. They are a key ingredient in many energy drinks. I don't drink any energy drinks other than coffee and tea though.

I take my B supplement just after my first meal of the day.

I also find a cup of green tea after lunch gives me a way more stable awake/awareness than coffee, without the jitters.

Don't take B vitamins or drink green tea past about 4 pm or I will be up at night.

Don't forget how caffeine affects your shooting. Groups open up!

Coffee in the morning for sure. That's how I get my motor running but late morning and mid day when I'm in the trail I usually drop a NUUN tablet in my water bottle. Some of them have a little caffeine. Not a lot but just enough to keep you going. The NUUN tablets are also an electrolyte replacement too.

Try Liquid IV which is an electrolyte powder. Many flavors and can get one in caffeine. Just pour it right in your water bottle. If you don't want all the sugar try LMNT electrolyte powder. Hunting in the mountains burns off tons of water and electrolytes. Now back east in a tree stand all day I take it easier on the water!!!

I used them in the past. Now I drink water and get my energy from snacks/food. I occasionally have a bottle of Gatorade for the electrolytes. PBJ is my go-to snack for a quick energy boost. BTW, nothing wrong with peeing a lot; it's good for you. LOL!
This is the way.

Energy comes from calories. Opt for high fat/protein snacks for sustained energy. Peanut butter is great for this. "Energy drinks" are all short term in their effect. I do keep a few electrolyte tablets to replenish if it's crazy hot out, but in reality, salty snacks give most people all the salt they need to rebalance their body.

The funny thing is while I drink a lot of coffee in my everyday life, when in the woods I tend to not need it unless it was a particularly brutal day the previous day.

I swear by mtn ops and have cut off all energy drinks except morning coffee. I drink one a day, early afternoon at work, and get 3 to 4 hours of just being focused and getting stuff done. No caffeine buzz that only lasts a short time. In my close group of friends over half drink mtn ops ignite for the same reason.