Mountain goat recipes?

tanner o

I killed my goat 2 weeks ago and wondering if anybody has any advise or recipes for this meat? Any help would be great

I had all of my goat from last year turned into spicy cheddarwurst, jalepeno-cheddar brats, and chirizo. I tried to cook a backstrap, but was too chewy to eat. The flavor was great, but you were still chewing after 1 minute! What was made of the goat was some of the best eating brats/chirizo I have ever had. It was an old, mature goat.

Attachments

• 2012-10-04_16-34-07_486.jpg
    2012-10-04_16-34-07_486.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 15
That's the route I was thinking but didn't know how it would turn out. I asked a guy a couple days ago and he told me I didn't shoot him enough times!

How old was the goat? Old billies are one thing, a young animal another. Prolonged crock pot time, with repeated pouring out the water may be required to get the stink out, and make chewable. A young animal marinade like you might anything else and grill.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.