mountain goat hunt unit 51 idaho

First, congrats! Second, I'm jealous. You may have been here but I always start here: Map Center | Huntplanner.

It use to be an o.k. tool, but now that they've overlayed the areas on google maps it's a better tool! I've never hunted that mountain range but I've hunted the west side of that valley, near Howe and up west of the Donkey Hills.

Are you local, know the area....? We may be able to help more with a little more information.

Don't know how long it took you to draw. Took me 15 years to draw a bighorn in Wy. I got an out fitter and don't regret it at all figured I would not draw another tag so spent the cash. Good Luck.

ntg,

no i am not local im from north dakota so i have sea level working against me. I talked to the outfitter he only has a one week were it would work for him but it wont work for me, HE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND GAVE ME ALOT OF INFO HE SAID HE WOULD PUT up a drop camp for me. Im on the fence with the drop camp thing because your commited to that drainaige so not sure what im going to do

any info would be helpful thanks

casey

Boy....I don't know what else to tell you. I've only hunted in that area a few times and never for goats. I'd try to follow up on the outfitter's info as much as I could. Did you ask him of other outfitters in the area? If you are not excited about the drop camp, there are a number of campgrounds in the area and you could base camp there and explore different drainages every couple of days. See what you can learn form F&G numbers on where the tags were filled in the last couple of years and try to learn as much about those areas as you can. Sorry I'm not more help.

What draniages did the outfitter tell you to look for them I?
I have hunted there a few times in the lower end of the unit and there is a few good trails
You can use to base camp out of. You hunting off 4wheeler? Horse? Foot?

buttarman,

i plan on going by foot than setting up camp wherever i end up i dont want to have to come down every night. the outfitter never gave me a speific area but any tips would be helpful i am totaly green when it comes to mountain goat hunting.

casey

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts