Most effective muzzle brake

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
Beast is less expensive, and just as effective in recoil reduction from the videos I've watched.

But I have no 1st hand comparison experience. Maybe someone else does, and will offer their opinion.

Beast is less expensive, and just as effective in recoil reduction from the videos I've watched.

But I have no 1st hand comparison experience. Maybe someone else does, and will offer their opinion.
When you say "beast brake" you should really desginate which one you are referring to as he has a 3,4 and 5 port model

I did a bunch of comparing on a 300wm by watching all his videos and terminator vids and 3rd party vids and his 3 port beast works about the same as his 4 port lil beast. His 4 port beast comes in a tick better than the T3 and his 3 port beast just a tick under the t3 , but it really depends on which caliber you use it on, more powder should use more ports but in smaller case capacity the larger brakes dont give you much extra reduction for the extra size. To me it seems like the mbm brakes are on the upper end of recoil reduction for their size and weight.

Honestly , many of the side discharge brakes are so close in recoil reduction if you tested them side by side I doubt one could tell the difference--honestly it may come down to weight, size and looks of what each person likes

well, I compared my new 4 port baby beast to my 3 port M4-72 on my 7 rem mag this past weekend and 1st off--WOW!, over the factory radial brake the baby beast is a huge improvement, it has less recoil now than my 270 win --a direct comparison showed that the M4-72 has slightly more recoil and a higher POI due to just a but more muzzle jump, but they feel close to each other on my shoulder--I will be buying more beast brakes from MBM

Have replaced a load of brakes with my PK brakes over the past decade. To my knowledge, no one has replaced one of my PK brakes with another brand because they were looking for better performance in a muzzle brake. As effective at reducing recoil as any brake on the market, control muzzle jump, protect shooter from ground blast debris and very compact for their performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.