Most consistent long range projectiles

Most consistent and accurate long range bullet manufacturer?

• Total voters
Berger is pretty much the best out there from lot to lot and bullet to bullet until you go to custom made bullets, the monos are technically made to very tight tolerance BUT we have not seen them lighting up any measured accuracy events like Berger. In Canada I would really give Matrix a SOLID look.
Not sure what's happening with Matrix. I can't open their website or any link tied to them. Hope the border shut down didn't force him to close the doors. I'll try to send him a email. I'm in Canada and have shot lots of Matrix bullets out of my 6.5 Sherman.

Not sure what's happening with Matrix. I can't open their website or any link tied to them. Hope the border shut down didn't force him to close the doors. I'll try to send him a email. I'm in Canada and have shot lots of Matrix bullets out of my 6.5 Sherman.
I tried to check them out too but it looks like they might be no more. That would be too bad. I was intrigued by their 270 projectiles.

So far looking at the poll we have berger ahead by a tremendous margin with Sierra coming in a very distant second, then a toss up between everyone else. Perhaps when it comes time to get new components to experiment with I'll have to fork over the extra cash and give the bergers a try. If I do I'd like to start with the 215 hybrids in my 300 win mag and the 130 classic hunters in my 270 win.

There was a change in the import rules that classified bullets as ammunition which requires far more regulation and effectively cut him off from the US market. Since that constituted the majority of his business I believe he closed up shop since it was no longer profitable.

There was a change in the import rules that classified bullets as ammunition which requires far more regulation and effectively cut him off from the US market. Since that constituted the majority of his business I believe he closed up shop since it was no longer profitable.
Makes you scratch your head doesn't it. Precisely made pieces of metal, nothing else, nothing more, like coins or bolts, being classified as ammunition.

As of right now berger has 53 votes and the next highest is Sierra with 12. Wow. I knew they were well liked by the long range/precision shooting crowd, but didn't expect this kind of landslide. Good to know, thanks for sharing. I think I owe it to myself to try some one day. From all I've been reading lately it'd be a choice for me between the 200.20x, the 215 hybrid, or the 230 hybrid in my 300 win, and the 130 classic hunter or the 150 vld hunting in my 270.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.