Most consistent long range projectiles

Most consistent and accurate long range bullet manufacturer?

• Total voters

Calvin45

There are many competitors out there offering products for long range shooting and hunting. This competition is a wonderful thing, long may it continue, competition forces everyone to do their very best and make the end result affordable for us. I'm curious as to your preferences in long range bullet manufacturers. We're not taking price into consideration EXCEPT in cases of one manufacturer offering a product that on par with another's at a better price, that counts for a lot. So, who have you come to find as the most consistent and accurate long range bullet manufacturer? Who do you choose to keep giving your money to on the basis of their product's performance? There's no doubt many manufacturers, probably some I've never heard of. Off the top of my head I'm thinking
Sierra (matchkings, TMK)
Hornady (eld x, eld m, amax, a-tip, bthp match)
Lapua (scenar)
Nosler (accubond long range, reduced drag factor, custom competition)
Berger (hybrids, classic hunters, vld, OTM target/tactical, juggernauts, and many combinations of these words, confusing in their variety)

I've not listed any of the solids as I'm personally just not interested in them at this time but if you have a glowing report or have found them to be superior in this way to any and all lead core bullets feel free to tell us so.

target or hunting?
either...whatever you're using them for. The main criteria is bullet-to-bullet, lot-to-lot consistency and long range accuracy...if your hunting bullet achieves this then I want to know, if your target bullet achieves this I want to know. I also know many on here use "target" bullets for hunting at long range because their light construction may ensure more terminal violence at low impact velocities and they're often the most accurate bullets

Lol first two guys list monos anyways lol
Sierra tmk, the 195 gives me exceptional accuracy at extended distance.

Lol first two guys list monos anyways lol
Sierra tmk, the 195 gives me exceptional accuracy at extended distance.
I did indeed welcome any and all preferences to be stated, but also still don't plan on using monos anytime soon. I hear nothing but unending praise for hammer bullets, but to the best of my knowledge cannot get them in Canada so that's a conversation that's over before it starts. If I could I probably would try them as I've just heard so many good things and no negatives yet. Thanks for the feedback about the tmk.

Berger is pretty much the best out there from lot to lot and bullet to bullet until you go to custom made bullets, the monos are technically made to very tight tolerance BUT we have not seen them lighting up any measured accuracy events like Berger. In Canada I would really give Matrix a SOLID look.

Berger is pretty much the best out there from lot to lot and bullet to bullet until you go to custom made bullets, the monos are technically made to very tight tolerance BUT we have not seen them lighting up any measured accuracy events like Berger. In Canada I would really give Matrix a SOLID look.
I agree Berger bullets are the best. I use them in .22, 6mm, 6.5 and 30 cal. You can't beat a good hamburger for eating and you can't beat a great Burger for shooting.

I bra Savage HB target rifle in.223. It has a 1/7 twist. The issue I had was the 80gr Berger Bullet. I wanted this to touch the lands or just .10 off. This did not happen. It seems Savage did not cut the throat so has to take advantage of the heavier bullets. So, very slowly I cut it out so it would take the 80gr Bergers. Now I shoot one hole 5 shot groups at 200 yards.

What cartridges r u looking for bullets on?
Sometimes a gun just likes certain bullets best, so it's a bit of a crapshoot
I load for 10 different calibers. I use Berger in all of these, however, my Ruger No 1 in rare 6mm PPC loves the Hornady 58gr VMAX behind 27gr of H322. I love my No1 in 25-06 with 115 Ge Berger's too.

I've checked bullets in Berger, Hornady, and Nosler and Berger's were noticeably better than the others.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.