Most accurate powder scale under $200

Detour

I don't have the budget for a $500 A&D scale. My budget is about $200 - $225. I just getting into the accurate long range reloading and so I need a better powder scale. I'm not to concerned on how fast it is, just accuarate. I see RCBS and Hornady both have scales in the $160 - $200 range. Are they any good? One better then the other?

I typically don't give advice on reloading equipment, it's usually a "Ford vs Chevy" argument. But since you wrote "accurate long range reloading", I felt compelled to answer. My brother had a Hornady scale and I had the RCBS for many years, and as we moved out past 500 yards it became apparent that Extreme Spread (ES) and Standard Deviation (SD) in our reloading accuracy was the very thing we could not master without a very accurate scale.

We now both own the A&D scale and consistently shoot out to a 1,000 yards. (Just my personal experience)

I use an RCBS Chargemaster, which I think is also over your budget. But I use a beam scale as well. Use the electronic scale to throw one thenth of a grain under your target and then trickle (I actually "tap" out the last grains with a empty 12g shotshell -- quite fast) to the target. Decent beam scales are pretty bullet proof, repeatable etc.

Just my $0.02 for a beginner on a budget.....

I'll add to what has been mentioned in that it's very hard to beat a beam scale for CONSISTENCY. Accuracy of it could be debatable as in maybe it is off a tenth or two from what it reads but it will consistently be the same from charge to charge and session to session if you take a couple steps to keep it that way.

My process is to throw the charge with an RCBS charge master setup then verify and trickle with the beam scale. I outline a spot on my reloading bench to set the beam scale the same every time. I zero the beam scale then use a check weight to verify the scale is set. As you weigh the charge pay very close attention to the graduation marks, don't breathe or let a draft blow over the scale as you weigh. By doing this I can achieve consistent charge weights to the KERNAL of powder, my ES and SD is very consistent. Doing this has also showed me that the digital scale can drift +- three tenths giving a total of six tenths variation in a loading session. The beam scale variance is less then one tenth.

I'll add to what has been mentioned in that it's very hard to beat a beam scale for CONSISTENCY. Accuracy of it could be debatable as in maybe it is off a tenth or two from what it reads but it will consistently be the same from charge to charge and session to session if you take a couple steps to keep it that way.

My process is to throw the charge with an RCBS charge master setup then verify and trickle with the beam scale. I outline a spot on my reloading bench to set the beam scale the same every time. I zero the beam scale then use a check weight to verify the scale is set. As you weigh the charge pay very close attention to the graduation marks, don't breathe or let a draft blow over the scale as you weigh. By doing this I can achieve consistent charge weights to the KERNAL of powder, my ES and SD is very consistent. Doing this has also showed me that the digital scale can drift +- three tenths giving a total of six tenths variation in a loading session. The beam scale variance is less then one tenth.
This is exactly what I do as well.

I have a vintage RCBS Dual Beam Scale that I bought new 40 years ago along with check weights. It has never failed me. I have also recently purchased a Franklin Arsenal Intellidropper that I have not used yet. You can use the Inlelidropper as a scale.

This is my old RCBS Beam Scale, (not mine in the picture but the same scale):