Most Accurate Out Of The Box

Sendero is not a bad rifle but it takes you back to "crap shoot", referance 2nd post of this thread!:rolleyes:

That's what I call good shooting! Should have mentioned I am going to look at a Rem Model 700 Sendero SF II today, good price without the wait time!

The higher-end model Remington 700's (Sendero, 5R, M24, 40-X, etc...) seem to be more prone to accuracy, than the cheaper models. They also come with HS Precision stocks on them from the factory, which is about a $350-400 stock if you were to go buy one.

https://www.stockysstocks.com/stock...and-lh-available-psv-079-080-096-097-107.html

Also, I don't know if the higher-end Remingtons get better treatment (assembled by actual techs, instead of assembly line workers), or if they use components with closer tolerances?...But you rarely hear of one that won't shoot with handloads.

Bee,

Found this thread here on Long Range Hunting concerning the Fierce. Thought you might be interested.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/fierce-arms-rifles-any-first-had-experience-128784/

Just read the thread, wow the reviews are far from complimentary that's for sure eh? The one I am looking at is in stock at a very reputable gun store that I have been dealing with for years and they make their own custom rifles as well.

I was told that the rifles are very accurate better then the Tikka T3 is what I was told. I did speak to John yesterday, he said that the actions are made in Quebec, land of the frogs hehe. I was born and raised there, but was luck to escape in 1989, never to return!

I know one thing for sure, I would never order one from them directly now!

Here are the pictures he sent me , not the best!

Fierce1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Welcome to the forum Red.

I noticed you were talking about high BC bullets but had a very large gap between the .30 cal and 6.5mm, and didn't mention the 7mm... Berger recently released a 195 Hybrid that has a .754 G1 BC and a .387 G7 BC.

7mm 195gr Extreme Outer Limits Elite Hunter | Berger Bullets

I see 6 mm and 6.5mm rifles winning 1,000 yard/meter matches to exclusion of almost everything else. It seems folks with 6.5 mm barrels are replacing them with 6 mm barrels. A 6 mm bullet just doesn't have the energy to hunt deer past 400 or at the very most 500 yards. I wouldn't go past 250 or 300. With a 6.5 I might shoot a deer at 400 on a still day. I know my long range shooting days were over in when I turned 60 and my hands started to shake from having Polio in 1948. I was always at best a 450/500 yard shooter. But I could kill a coyote on the run most of the time with a 6mm Remington out to 350.

The stuff we have today would have stretched that out to 800 yards or more for me.

To me a long range rifle is of reasonable weight and recoil. The less the recoil the more shots you'll shoot to practice. The lighter the rifle the more miles you will hunt with it in a day.

The 6.5x55 Swed and 6.5 Creedmore are moving at speeds someone might learn to dope the wind with of the rack ammo at long range well enough to make an ethical shot at a deer at 6 to 8 hundred yards before they needed a new barrel. I don't think many other guns can fill that bill.

You need a gun to fit the job. It must kill the game. You have to carry it, no bearers, and if you develop a flinch practicing long range hunting it may ruing you for good. I've seen more than one that couldn't get over a flinch. I don't know what a 6.5 won't kill with the right bullet. Ammo is available world round for the 6.5x55 Swede. The 6.5 Creedmoor seems to have met it design goal of a reasonably priced rifle that can win long range matches with store bought ammo. The commercial ammo for hunting shoot almost as well as the match ammo.

Show me two other guns you can set up for under $1,500 bucks including a good scope and have change and use of the shelf ammo for deer at 800 yards almost every time.

If someone is going to learn to hunt at 600 to 1,000 yards they have a lot of walking and shooting to do it. It really needs to be done shooting live game such as coyotes, Jack Rabbits and such. You need to learn to judge the drop, lead and dope the wind on the fly out to at least 300 yards. You can shorten the range by using 22 shorts that drop a foot in the first 100 yards. Shorts on running Jack Rabbits worked for me. The dust works as a tracer if you shoot with both eyes open.

Here is a question for you guys in the know Re: Twist Rates and Barrel Compatibility.

If I were to go with a 300 Win Mag with a Twist Rate of 11 and the number of groves being 4, how would a bullet with a Twist Rate of 10 work in that barrel and are they even compatible?

I ask because I like the Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR 190 Grain, because at 800 yards they apparently (according to Nosler) maintain an Energy of 1,407, which is pretty outstanding for a 300 Win Mag. So I would not have to go with a 300 RUM, to achieve that type of energy!

A rifle I am looking at have a twist rate of 11. The Rifle is a Sako A7 Roughtech Pro. Thanks.

Here is a question for you guys in the know Re: Twist Rates and Barrel Compatibility.

If I were to go with a 300 Win Mag with a Twist Rate of 11 and the number of groves being 4, how would a bullet with a Twist Rate of 10 work in that barrel and are they even compatible?

I ask because I like the Nosler Trophy Grade ABLR 190 Grain, because at 800 yards they apparently (according to Nosler) maintain an Energy of 1,407, which is pretty outstanding for a 300 Win Mag. So I would not have to go with a 300 RUM, to achieve that type of energy!

A rifle I am looking at have a twist rate of 11. The Rifle is a Sako A7 Roughtech Pro. Thanks.

I would be wary of running these in a 11 twist barrel. I've seen Sako's shoot better with mid weight 308 bullets like 165 Gr than with 180 Gr and above. I believe it is due to the 11 twist barrels. Just think they don't shoot heavy for caliber bullets that well. The standard twist for an American rifle in 300 Mag/RUM/WSM is 10 twist and that will stabilize the heavy 200+ grain bullets. I just don't think the 190 LRAB would run that well in a 11 twist.

Check this post from Litz below. Use the twist calculator to determine.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/nosler-lr-accubonds-bc-testing-results-137554/

Well I run the data, I am shooting at an average 2201 FT Elevation and an average temperature of 0 degrees C.

Optimal performance running from a 10 twist rifle, guess I will be sticking with a 10 twist rate rifle for the ABLR 190 Grain!

If a bullet calls for a 10 twist and you have an 11 twist barrel the chances are pretty good it will not stabilize.

I would not go slower than a 10 twist with any of the 30 caliber rounds.