Most accurate out of the box rifle

tikka or model 70 all day! both are fantastic out of the box rifles! both come in several configurations, and both are great deals for the quality one gets. gun)

(most accurate out of the box)......

For someone with numerous Savages, I have to disagree and I disagree with Tikka as well, in fact I disagree with all the previous recommendations. Savages are accurate to a point but they take some fiddling with IMO,

The most accurate rifle out of the box is the one you pay the most for because your dollars deliver the accuracy, reliability and reduced fiddle factor.

You usually get what you pay for. Don't expect World Class competiton accuracy from a cheap rifle, it's not going to happen (out of the box).

The original question was most accurate out of the box for under 1000.00 thats why I say Savage.

Don't count out the Weatherby Vanguard, folks. It's no slouch in the accuracy department, especially the Sub-MOA versions. I have a basic Vanguard SS (not Sub-MOA) and it would quite easily shoot better than MOA out of the box with factory ammo. The only big problem with it is that it comes with a pressure-bedded barrel so it's not a great choice for long range prone shots, and the synthetic stock it comes with is far too flimsy to free float. If you want it to float, buy a different stock. I got a Boyds' Laminate Thumbhole.

BUT if I were in the same situation, I'd probably get a Savage 110 heavy barrel. I don't know about the States, but here in Canada the price of Tikkas has skyrocketed in the last few years, but that would also be a choice.

Well, I have spent a lot of money on custom rifles and I have to say, if I was buying a new rifle, I would probably buy a Savage given the price... where can you get a machined to print rifle with a good trigger and bedding for that kind of money? I have become a Savage convert... I think they are the best right now...

tikka or model 70 all day! both are fantastic out of the box rifles! both come in several configurations, and both are great deals for the quality one gets. gun)

mmmmmmmm model 70 :p I haven't seen great accuracy out of em without a bedding job and polishing of the trigger. But for just a good **** hunting rifle that just works..... I have a soft spot for em :)

Well, I have spent a lot of money on custom rifles and I have to say, if I was buying a new rifle, I would probably buy a Savage given the price... where can you get a machined to print rifle with a good trigger and bedding for that kind of money? I have become a Savage convert... I think they are the best right now...

Well said and welcome to the dark side. :rolleyes:

Just a testament of why they did kicked *** ...

as Team Savage Wraps Up 2010 Long-Range Season in Dominant Fashion>>> Savage Arms

and

and

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with Savage also., in fact, I'm kinda dealing with that right now. I have four heavy barreled rifles that shoot sub .5" with their respective hand loads, all with factory tubes. These are (1) Remington Sendero SF in .25-06Rem., (2) Winchester 70 HVB in .243Win., (3) Savage 112 in .300WinMag., and (4) Savage 12 in 6.5-284Norma (barrel stamped "12" but it is a long action).
Contemplating getting another Savage that I just ran across the other day. It's a model 12 LRP in .243Win. I don't need it but man I do want it. JohnnyK.

Your all being a little crazy with alb this savage talk and remington and whatever else. If you want "most accurate" out of the box then you order a rifle tha's MOA certified from the factory. Simple. So your options are:

TC Icon
Weatherby Vanguard Sub-MOA
Sako

There may be others but these I know of off hand.

Tikka, known for inherent accuracy, also comes with a target from the factory but isn't exactly MOA certified. And is just a cheaper made version of a sako. Like the weatherby and weatherby vanguard.

Beyond that, Savage always gets good press for accuracy but isn't MOA certified. And to be honest I have own currently 3 savages, 4 Remington's, 2 winchesters and 2 sakos if I'm going to go hunting in areas that I know I will have a good chance at shooting over 800 yards I bring a sako. They have less heat retention in the barrel and are very smooth to shoot I haven't done any thing to mine but a little lighter trigger pull. And i would strongly suggest the new fin lights they are a dream to carry in the woods so light and comfortable.

Most accurate out of the box I have seen is Tikka T3. I bought my son a 270 win, left hand, stainless when he was 12.

This is the first 6 shots of load development, two different seating lengths:

IMG_20140730_132824_588.jpg

This is a better (but not best) group my son (12) shot off a bipod at 200 yds.

IMG_20140730_133301_030.jpg

Trigger is great, action is smooth, really like the gun. Light too.

[FONT=&quot]Besides the "usual suspects" which are mentioned here up and down, you'll find at least 2 fine European rifles with sub - moa guaranty (easy!) right out of the box. Not from Beretta Enterprises but quality made in Germany. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:D

Heym S21/ SR30 "Precision"

Mauser 03 Traget
[/FONT]
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.