Morning all

Thegogg

Hi and good morning to you all from a sunny North Wales, UK morning.

I've been shooting with RF for 2 years now and own a CZ455 17HMR and a belting little Anschutz 1417 .22LR. Both are used for varmint shooting here in the UK (rabbits, crows, magpies etc.)

I've got a Bushnell Trophy 3x9-40 with a mildot reticle on the Annie and it loves Winchester HP subs. Together with a Bushnell laser range finder and the Strelok Pro app on my mobile I've been slowly increasing my range with my best to date being a 170 yard rabbit at x6.5 mag and 4 mildot hold over.

I look forward to reading and learning lots from this great forum especially to do with .22LR varmint long range shooting and the best scopes, reticles and techniques to use.

Later this year I'll be getting my first CF (either .223 or .204) for foxing and will be reading up on both these calibres to see which will be best for me.

That's it for now.

Neil :)

Good Morning and welcome to LRH. Enjoy the site and fellowship.

Don Dunlap gun)

The 17 HMR is one of my favorites :D. It really puts the smack down on our jackalopes ;)

What scope do you run on yours?

The 17 HMR is one of my favorites :D. It really puts the smack down on our jackalopes ;)

What scope do you run on yours?

Hi

I like Bushnell scopes and have a 3x9-40 Trophy on the Annie and an Elite 6500 2.5x16-42 on the Hummer, both are mildot.

Neil

Hi

I like Bushnell scopes and have a 3x9-40 Trophy on the Annie and an Elite 6500 2.5x16-42 on the Hummer, both are mildot.

Neil

Which HMR load do you use? I've toyed with the idea of putting a mildot scope on my HMR. I'm curious, do you use the mildot as holdovers, or do you dial in your elevation?

My Marlin 917V likes the 17 grain Vmax over anything else.

Which HMR load do you use? I've toyed with the idea of putting a mildot scope on my HMR. I'm curious, do you use the mildot as holdovers, or do you dial in your elevation?

My Marlin 917V likes the 17 grain Vmax over anything else.

Yea, the Hornady V-Max 17g shoots best in mine as well.

The mildots on the .22LR Annie work very well as I use a laser range finder and the strelok pro app on my mobile as well with my best kill to date being a rabbit at 170 yards with x6.5 mag and 4 mildot holdover.

They don't work as well on the Hummer as the distances between the mildots are too big so I'm thinking of changing to another scope with either half mildot or a BDC reticle.

I believe the Viper scopes are very good but I'm quite new to all this as I'm only just starting to get my head around the most basic of things such as MOA, FPF, dialing etc but hey we've all got to start somewhere :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.