More wildcats coming from Allen Precision.

Holey good scrud!!!!! and I only have 4 shots down the tube of my 375 AM!!

Restraint, restraint, restraint.....nah I don't need another rifle, I really I don't ...... or at least I don't think so.........:rolleyes:

I was kinda thinking it was more something like, after you get the first one, you want more. Hell, I haven't even got my first one finished with Kirby and I already want another. lol

Makes me think of a line from a movie I once watched. "If you build it, they will come." :)

Yeah,you're probably right. On second thought my use of the word "obsolete" is totally wrong. Maybe it's like sex...........the more you have, the more you want.

Why not take the Maximus case and open it up to say .600 or .700 for a single shot. With lathe turned bullets you should be able to get some pretty high B.C.s
Oh and get a ATF exemption for a single shot non -destructive device.
Robster

Taking the maximus case and necking up to .585 or 14.5mm would be an interesting chambering to say the least. Like the 14.5 jdj just with more Horse Power.

Yes I have thought about this, the main issue is supply of quality long range type bullets. Not sure the investment would be worth it for the very limited number of rifle sales I would get.

I originally wanted to design my 510 Allen Magnum off from the much larger 14.5 Russian case but just could not track down a reliable source of brass. The AR-50 receiver is actually made for the Russian length cartridge, that's why the 50 BMG looks a bit smallish laying in the raceway of an AR-50 receiver, if it could ever look smallish!!!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts