More Uniform neck tension?

Keep each lot of brass separate by number of times fired.If you anneal,anneal all the fired brass at the same amount of times fired.This really helps with equal neck tension and improved accuracy.I've changed the way I handle my brass these days.Instead of working up a large batch of brass ready to load,I work with a smaller batch of brass,like 40 or so at a time and write on the case,1,2,3,4 or whatever the number of times fired.After I shoot,I can then put the spent cases in a plastic bag marked with the number of times fired.It sure helps a lot.I've found that when brass that starts to fail after a certain number of times fired,multiple brass in the group will fail too.I know then it's time to get rid of that group of brass and start a new group.If you have a large group of mismatched fired brass you won't really know when it's time to get rid of it until it fails.Consistency is the key with brass.The more you keep it all the same the better.

In an effort to get more uniform neck tension, I am considering putting fired brass thru an ultrasonic cleaner. Right now I run a brush thru a fired round, apply dry graphite to the neck, resize, then run a brush thru the neck again. Does it make any sense putting the brass in an ultrasonic cleaner to get more uniform neck tension? Or is it overkill?
If you want to go completely down the rabbit hole and know seating pressure exactly here is a method and tool. A number of the earlier suggestions are good cost effective methods. I use mandrels and use the standard size for most but I do use the smaller turning mandrel for magnums as I've found more tension is better as in better accuracy at long range. 21st century has really good mandrels by the 1/2 thou if you need to get exactly the size you want.

Felt resistance. Arbor presses are pretty sensitive with Wilson seater dies. Though they are not real powerful, so they don't seat highly compressed loads, except possibly the 21st Century linkage model which I have not tried. Dial Gauges are available for some arbor presses like the K&M, but I don't use one.

Felt resistance. Arbor presses are pretty sensitive with Wilson seater dies. Though they are not real powerful, so they don't seat highly compressed loads, except possibly the 21st Century linkage model which I have not tried. Dial Gauges are available for some arbor presses like the K&M, but I don't use one.
never had trouble seating a bullet with my arbor press and wilson in line set up for my 300 win

I can't say if it best, bit I found in my 30-06 rifle that trimming the neck to .013" thick, and using a neck bushing of .331 has helped my accuracy at least a little. I also try to keep each case neck the same. I anneal every 3rd loading full length size every load. There are a lot of ways to improve group sizes if you work diligently with your rifle.

I dip the brass neck in kroil run a drill driven bore brush in and out several times and then use mandrel. Necks have already been turned for uniform thickness.

measured neck tension was the same but same as you, some required more force. cleaning fixed that. Also keep in mind that if your seating depth passes the shoulder neck junction that could also give you that resistance

In an effort to get more uniform neck tension, I am considering putting fired brass thru an ultrasonic cleaner. Right now I run a brush thru a fired round, apply dry graphite to the neck, resize, then run a brush thru the neck again. Does it make any sense putting the brass in an ultrasonic cleaner to get more uniform neck tension? Or is it overkill?
I would think having the necks annealed would be much more beneficial