More NP-R2 photos

At least I know that Brent is safe... Go Team Alaska
wink.gif
Noticed what looked like a U.S. Optics also probably an 80 mm on the end.

Yes there were quite a few Lupys there, wished that they would have described some of the other weapons also
frown.gif

Thats what got me to thinking since they don't practice out beyond 600 meters are we in trouble?

S1 do you know what ammo they used since the UK team was at a dissadvantage, not knowing how the rounds would work in there guns. Seems like the Canadians would have had the same trouble of importing their own rounds
confused.gif

Heading out shooting tomarrow, I'll try to get a descent pic or two through the R2 at different ranges. I'll probably shoot at unlazed distances using the R2 for range determination and Exbal for drop data. Going to hit 800, 900 and 1000 yards first to calibrate Exbal with the load I'm using. Interested in what this 300 Ultra will do with ten shot groups at those ranges, should give me a good solid group center at each range too. After that I'll probably bounce around ranging, take a shot and go see... should use the steel for this and probably will. I'll let ya know what my score was!
grin.gif
I'll be using hold over for my group shooting and my bouncing around shots here and there. After I know the drop via hold over and range, I'll try to integrate the load to the R2 as well as I can, for as far away as I can and then use the hold under, then I'll go play some more.

First I want to find the actual drop on this load at 1000 and then see if my clicking the MOA in while going on out coralates with the holdover MOA too.

If I get time, I'm goin to cut a large square hole in the end of a bathtub I have and bolt on a piece of plywood as a target to shoot through at LR. I'll put a rubber gasket in between to seal it up, yes it'll be filled with water and setting up on a couple saw horses.
smile.gif
I have to compare all these new bullets at LR somehow ya know.
grin.gif

It'll probably give better "relative" results than purely accurate data on expansion at that range.
wink.gif

No It's not mine, wish I had 40 though.... I'd have a shooting range off the back deck!!!

Sellin the place here might become a reality if they don't call us to work soon. Last word was sometime this week or next... Hurry up and wait!

I'll keep that Ebay in mind if I go to sell. Building this place has taken long enough, don't know if I'd like to do it all over again or not or I probably would....

Hey Tex,

can you post a link to it? I can look at the area and let ya know... ****, you could move up and have your own ranch here!!

Sounds good if it isn't too far away from Palmer though. My dad had 40 up in Petersville area and they're going for 40K for 40, but that's an hour and a half up the highway AWAY from where work would be...

Texas,

Talkeetna is right accross the HWY from Petersville wouldn't ya know, that's exactly where my wife will be working here shortly... It's a long drive. Took us almost two hours to get up there and talk to the boss on the job on Friday, road construction.. pilot car etc, etc... She'll be leavin early.
grin.gif
I'm heading to work in the opposite dirrection almost as far, it'll take me almost an hour and a half to get to Caribou Creek on that job too.... I'd probably ride with my dad but he always works real late. I'll need wheels too, they said I'd be pulled off to haul equipment around on the lowboy and who know when I'll get off either if that's the case.

That link didn't work. Sounds about right for that area though, the same amount of property around here would be at least 5-6k an acre if sold in a huge chunk like that. I paid 9K for this piddley little acre I have here.

Sorry to hear that wished that link would have work. You'ld get a kick out of the little place.
wink.gif
8bedrooms 10,000+ square feet on 17 acres acess is through Ft. Wainwright surrounding property is state owned the soliders will keep the unwanted out for you
grin.gif

Great American TAX DOLLARS at work
mad.gif
They call it the Alaskan Castle $625,000.
cool.gif

You know it, and that's just a "tiny" piece of your tax dollars at waste too...

Here's a couple pics at different ranges that I stopped at randomly and took a shot at. One shot at each target after ranging with the R2 and snapping a picture. Here's the pic of where I hit when taking the shot at each range after punching the numbers into the Exbal program. The reticle analysis sceen told me how much my POI would be off for each holdover Bar, whichever "undisclosed"
wink.gif
Bar I dicided to use. The amount that POI will be off if using a certain bar, as indicated by Exbal, is accounted for by additional hold over or under when using that Bar too.

The freezer paper covered sheet of plywood is a standard 48" x 96", and the bottom is in complete view and not buried in sand, as it sets up on the stand's pipe legs.

When I ranged it with the R2, I was off by 1 yard in the first pic, the second I was off by exactly 20 yards. I fired each shot based on my R2 range estimation, then lazed it with the YP1000 and took a snapshot through it... for ya all to see later.
grin.gif
Wind was 8 MPH average (Kestrel 4000) on the first range(pic), and 5 MPH on the second. Windage was dialed in, simply to observe my wanting, but improving doping ability.
grin.gif
Holding off would have been just as simple, especially with the numbers I was using. First range; shot was top center of bull (#30) and the second range it was 10.25" above POA and 2.25" rt. Both these shots were taken with the 300 Ultra and a 178 A-Max at 3230 fps AVE and still using the book BC of .495, temp was 70 deg F, BP 29.40 at 88ft ASL. After looking over all the notes from data today that I collected at 700 and 1000 yards I'd have to say this bullets true BC is closer to .530 with very few exceptions. 233" of drop at 1000 yards and 87" at 700 yards. The other shots both went high too so the .530 BC fits. My MV ES was 25 fps for ten shots before beginning. That average speed fell in line with all the other tests which all happened to average 3228 fps as well.

Oh well, here ya go.... Sorry bout the pic quality, Dave does a much better job.
wink.gif
smile.gif

fbf0d1ab.jpg

fbf0cf0a.jpg

fbf07a37.jpg

Guess I should have said, so that ya "knew" it was on 22x. That helps just a bit!
grin.gif

Got to spend an hour or so with the laser and the R2 backing into some measurements on some Moose on my way home the other night. Just before I got to the house, there were 5 Moose standing in the swamp eating grass.

Ranges were 610, 350, 300, 250 and 80 yards, so I got some real good measurements on the young two year olds and a couple older full grown ones. Three out of five were bulls too. That was about 1AM just before dark, well if you can call it dark. Just barely had to turn the lit reticle on. It's 2 AM now and it isn't getting "dark" anymore now.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.