More fouling than in my underwear

Sorry so late with this response..hope its not too late. I have firelapped several barrels using NECO kit from Brownells. Always worked very well but took all day to do it right. On a new bore I haven't ever had a problem, but I would be cautious on a bore that is old and fire-roughened. I do believe fire lapping erodes those throats more extensively. Regarding cleaning, I have one can of Forrest Professional Bore Cleaning Foam. The stuff is incredible. If anyone knows where I can get some more please let me know. On a rough bore that would take a couple of hours with Sweets, CR-10, or JB.....(this is not a joke) About 5 seconds to squirt the stuff down the bore. Wait about 20 minutes and push one patch through. That's it...Copper GONE..ONE STROKE! Absolutely incredible. Stuff was made in Finland and not sure its still available. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't done it myself. By the way, got the only can I have about 5 years ago in Rapid City SD At First Stop Gun Store. The owner (Mark) said it was incredible...unfortunately I just got around to using it about a week ago. Greg.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.