More 338 questions? Well which action?

a savage target action is a short single feed action

It sure is, but it does work as a single feed long action. It will eject spent casings without any issue. To unload a loaded round, you do have to pull the bolt. I have used and know the owner of a 338 Lapua Mag built on a left port-right bolt Savage Target action.

Tank

If you allready have the Remington then that's what I would use. The cost of a jewell Trigger
is far less than another action and is the finest trigger available in its price range.

The Remington Action needs to be blueprinted by the smith but it is still the cheapest way for
you to go and there is an infinite supply of after market parts for them if you want to do more
customizing down the road.

The rum or the edge will be great and be reasonably inexpensive to shoot.

J E CUSTOM

Don't sell the Shilen trigger short. Unless one is going to set the trigger in ounces for the pull then a Shillen is perfect at less cost.

On my field rifles I set my trigger at 2 pounds and the Shillen is perfect. My 338 Lapua has a Shillen and I am very satisfield with it.

It sure is, but it does work as a single feed long action. It will eject spent casings without any issue. To unload a loaded round, you do have to pull the bolt. I have used and know the owner of a 338 Lapua Mag built on a left port-right bolt Savage Target action.

Tank
yeah i was makeing shure someone didnt think they could make a mag feed repeater out of a savage target works fine for a single shot

Last edited:
Im currently building an edge myself. I already had a 700 mag action trued so im going with it. Yes the cutoms are nice and i might go there one day. Hoping your smith dont charge a mint to true it. On a hunting rifle which i intend to do with, a tuned rem. trigger is fine as long as you have a nice pull that elk wont know the difference between a rem or jewell trigger.Im using a wyatt box that a lot people here uses and will work. I actually thing the long ext. boxs look stupid. My 2 cents worth bit i feel my new edge will still be first class and efficient.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.