moose hunt, in ontario

old243

This might not be the right place for moose hunting. We just returned from our annual hunt at our camp in northern Ontario. Spent a week at our deer and moose camp. We had eleven hunters but no adult tags. We could only shoot calves.
Altogather we saw eight different adult moose. Two good sized bulls , a spike bull and the rest cows. No calves sighted. We have a wolf and bear problem in our area, very difficult for a calf to survive.
The grouse population appears to be ok , and we got a few for the pot.
Had a good time, lots to eat, so no complaints.

Our deer hunt starts next two weeks , for gun hunting , so plan to be out and about at home next week, then return to the camp the following week. Our deer have just started to scrape the last couple of days, so the rut should be full on.

Our deer had a hard winter in our area last year but appear to be rebounding , a bit. Some fawn sightings, so that is encouraging. I am not a trophy hunter, I do enjoy getting a good buck, but will settle for a nice spike for the freezer. Good luck everyone on your fall hunts. Me and my old 243 will be out and about . old 243

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.