Moose calibre?

Can I ask where you were in Alaska?
Good pictures!!!
1CB239F2-224A-4000-BE6C-4313B2E60F5D.jpeg

Moose are still just on my bucket list. I did once have a long tracking job on an elk with a frontal shoulder hit. He was turning to leave and the 160 gr. Nobler partition had a tough time on the shoulder. It was a long tracking job. I would choose the 06 with good heavy bullets. My elk rifle now is 325wsm 200 grn. BLR. Maybe I'll get to take it on a moose hunt yet.

It's a h&r single shot don't know any spec's off hand ... The outfitter is pattey outfitters guides name is Eric seam to be nice said he can cater to just about any need let yea know mid oct how it was

What kinda bear is up Thier & size
Please let us know how your hunt went!

Ok you ridge runners,, What caliber of rifle would recomend for Moose hunting?
I have .3006 03A3s and Remington 7MM Mags in my safe.
Moose are typically shot at closer range, usually well inside 400 yards. The old '06 with premium grade 180gr or 200gr bullets is your best choice in my opinion. 7 mag only outshines the'06 at very long ranges and may be too fast at close range.

My buddy went to Canada to hunt an indian reservation with his Marine buddy. They used .270's and shot them in the head. They shot several in a day, but he couldn't bring any meat back (except a bit of jerky).

Looking back to the first pages… either of those cartridges will do (and have done). But a I agree with a lot of those first posts on the 8mm Rem Mag!

Less than an hour into opening day of the second 2022 season in Maine's District 2, we had our bull on the ground. He buckled on the shot and essentially stumbled / crashed / fell expiring about 15 yards away. One shot from the 8mm Rem Mag to the center of his chest with a 200gr TSX flying at 3,120. (Missed his heart, but destroyed his lungs.) I'm a very firm believer in the Big 8! I've seen it absolutely hammer elk and now the same result on moose.