Moose bullets?

zr600

Hi all i have a semi custom 7mm mag it shoots Berger 180g vld hunting bullets very well they are running almost 3000fps or right at it don't remember, but would the 180vld be good on a moose, and elk? Also my wife is applying too but she has better chances because she only wants a cow tag. Anyways she has a 308win and it shoots sierra 150g pro hunters really well with varget would you use these on a cow moose?

.......What about Nosler partition's that commercial is famous that's what started Nosler with the partition when the mud caked moose would not fall......

I saw that play out once. .300 Winchester Magnum, 180 Partition on the shoulder, didn't touch the vitals. 4 more rounds did the job, and hey shootings the fun part anyway.

Knew a fellow kept a picture perfect on a chain around his neck. Same story on an elk shoulder, fortunately a follow up provided a necklace, and story.

Both of these were shot with a 7 mag and 180 VLD's at 350 and 250 yards. Even the guide was impressed with the bullets performance.

Attachments

• 14499.jpeg
    14499.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 14500.jpeg
    14500.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 307
I have shot and been present for a lot of Moose kills. Moose are not hard to kill. Bones are big but are no harder than any other big game animal. Hit behind the shoulder most bullets pass clean through, even hit in the shoulder most bullets will penetrate just fine. Unlike so many believe, they don't wear Kevlar. They will however go a really long ways if you don't hit them right. Concentrate on understanding exactly where the vitals are and make sure you hit those, both your guns and bullets will work fine. There have been thousands of moose killed with 30-30s and 303 British, and many still are every year.

00small16414186.JPG

fd6dd7ca4c8b96068dab8ecee057d75d--moose-anatomy-animal-anatomy.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.