Montour County Rifles

Yes I took shipment of my first MCR rifle a couple months ago...He builds a quality piece of equipment. Kevin is a very very good guy. He has been a close personal friend and hunting buddy for some years. He has showed and taught me tons in the long range hunting game...

Search my posts and threads for pics of my rifle and it's performance. The rifle he built me was far far beyond my expectations when I first placed the order. Between Kevin and Joel Russo I don't think I could have gotten any better workmanship.

I do not think you would have one ounce of regret by having Kevin build you a rifle and it would suprise me if anyone else would tell you otherwise.

If your interested PM me and I can give you my number if you need any other info...

kevin is also a good friend of mine. setting that aside he is also my gunsmith. Firts rifle done for me a 6.5/300(which will shoot dimes), now he is nearly done with my 338 lapua mag with some help on the stock from Joel Russo who i might add is also a fantastic person to deal with and does excellent work. Kevin at montour county rifles does not only build an awesome piece, but keeps you involved with the build with any questions/concerns you may have about the build or in LRH in general. IMO kevin is a master machinist/gunsmith who puts out a product that will not just shoot, but shoot the way you want it too. PM me if you are interested in any pics of work he had done for me

Last edited:
Midwesthunter, I'd be glad to talk over what your looking to build. Please give me a call and we can discuss the details, and I can answer any questions you might have. I have more pics other than what's on my site if you'd like to see more of what I do. Thanks.

I would not hesitate to have him build me a rifle, never met Kevin or held any of his work, but from the information I have gathered from his posts he knows his stuff and is a quality builder.

That is just the opinion of a hobby gun builder who reads everything I can that was posted by those with more knowledge than I possess.

Kevin has done, is doing, and will continue to do any custom gun work I can come up with. (Unless eddybo ever decides to do some free work for me :D kidding)

Kevin keeps you up to date, and is a great person to talk to. I had to be one of the most indecisive guys he's ever worked with, and it never phased him. I did go out and meet him and had the luxury of spending a couple hours with him at his shop. He showed me some really cool stuff. He's everything these guys are telling you he is. You won't be disappointed.

Kevins work is second to none! He built me a 6mm br that was Beautiful and shot like a dream. I've seen alot of his work, all top notch. I've shot some gun's he's built and some of his and they don't disapoint. 100% referal from me!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.