montana's public lands

Bowhunter65

Montana Public lands; Please take a minute and share this with every hunter you know, no matter if you live in Montana or not, you may very well want to come here and hunt. Folks this is not about being a Republican or Democrat these are our public lands that we hunt fish and recreate on, should not to be used for this. Oil & gas exploration and hard rock mining.
These public lands are some of the must import elk and deer habitat in Montana. Please take a minute and call Greg R Gianforte and ask him to withdraw his bills which would open up the Big Snowies, the Middle Fork Judith, West Pioneers, Sapphire, and Blue Joint wilderness study areas – a half-million acres in all – to hard-rock mining, oil and gas development, and expanded motorized use. H.R. 5148 and 5149.
1-855-935-3634

Thanks; Terry L. Zink

Yes it is a political left/right issue. Democrats aren't pushing this agenda, Republicans are. Starting with Montana golden boy Ryan Zinke. This is why I never understood outdoorsman following the NRA propoganda machine that continually supports officials that desecrate our natural resources.

Jr, it's pretty simple.
The NRA supports the candidates who support GUN rights, environmental concerns are a whole different animal. The Democrats are far and away more likely to oppose those rights, so they see much less support from the NRA.

As for the propaganda machine- it's no different than all of my Union Brothers who blindly follow the Democratic propaganda machine. The Democrats claim to be so pro-labor, yet it was Clinton that signed NAFTA and pushed hard for opening up free trade with China- sending millions of our jobs to other countries.

I don't care to steal this thread and make it political, partly because I despise both parties. But if you would like to continue the debate, start another thread and I'll be right there with you.

I do agree that we need to band together and shoot this down. Sometimes our politicians forget they are supposed to work for US- NOT the corporations.

Sorry for the hijack, Bowhunter.

I'd like to add this link to all elected officials- from the Federal Gov all the way down to the local- to make it easier to contact not only Gianforte, but also your own elected officials.

While you are making your point about opening up OUR lands to corporate exploitation, take a moment to also voice your concern with any type of AR ban or other antigun bills.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

Thanks for the heads up, Bowhunter!

Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.