Montana x-bows illegal

Don't need to tell me about working in weather, from the time I was 23 years old to late 30's I cut timber in Washington, Alaska and then Montana. Did 4 years in N.D in the oilfield outside 12-14 hrs everyday 14 days straight in winter. Mason for over 15 years.
You act like your the only one who's worked outside in cold.
Never an inside job in my 45 year working Career. WTH do you really want

I climbed trees to rig line machine riggin and stem logged for helicopter outfits and a bunch of other things that trashed my shoulder, 😂
I'm going in sliding' and wore out.
Just shave a week off Montana bow season and a week off rifle season and put muzzleloaders and crossbows in that same two week period. Jeeesh you guys. Can't you see it. 😆

Keep them outlawed. In pa we have this same problem with appeasing the whiners. They finally allowed xguns in archery and now we have crews of amish doing deer drives in october. Whiners immediately jumped over to the next stupid idea... inlines in flintlock season. I hate the way we are trashing every tradition we've got. Stop it.

I liked the way We usef to have it. If a guy was actually handicapped, he could use his xbow. If you really cant pull a bow back, then I've got no problem with you using one. But when you open that door, every slob takes full advantage. THAT I'm against. In any state. Archery is tough.... its SUPPOSED TO BE!
No more easy buttons. Do the work or stay home and watch tv

I don't believe there is a lack of or a suffering population of deer in this country. So, I say hunt with what you can shoot most accurately to take that game animal. Yeah, I shot verticals for most of my life, but at my age now it is the "Horizontals".

I don't believe there is a lack of or a suffering population of deer in this country. So, I say hunt with what you can shoot most accurately to take that game animal. Yeah, I shot verticals for most of my life, but at my age now it is the "Horizontals".
yep as we get older and bodies are beat up we can`t use a vertical bow anymore so we go to a x-bow because we still like the archery season weather better . i like your answer ! Twolf

My buddy lost all his fingers and thumbs from frostbite. Lucky he didn't die. He kills elk with a draw lock set up. More than I have with my recurves and long bows that's for sure! He has a crazy good attitude and gets chit done because he loves it!

I agree. If allowed I personally think success rates will increase and end up hurting herd health. Which in the long run will end up changing how we hunt in the state that in my opinion already has a rather long season. There are states that allow crossbows to be used, those are the states that should be looked at when planning a hunt. MBA is the organization that helped develop the draw lock system and is not against those with disabilities. So to come out and accuse them of that, is showing you have not done much research. I also believe MBA will also help those wishing to use the draw lock with the whole process if need be.
i have a draw lock system it is very difficult to carry when your handi-cap and MBA never help design the draw -lock system MBA went with the draw -lock to help eliminate handi-cap bowhunters. when you say herd health could be damage because a few true handi-cap hunters use a x-bow that`s pure B.S. . so handi-cap bowhunters using a x-bow will change the herd health ,the truth is some of the bowhunters don`t practice enough and shoot to far away and rifle hunters kill elk with bowhunters arrows in a elks butt and that`s suppose to be healthy ? i have bowhunted out west for over 40 years and i don`t think its the non-residents that are the herd health problem on American federal land.

i have a draw lock system it is very difficult to carry when your handi-cap and MBA never help design the draw -lock system MBA went with the draw -lock to help eliminate handi-cap bowhunters. when you say herd health could be damage because a few true handi-cap hunters use a x-bow that`s pure B.S. . so handi-cap bowhunters using a x-bow will change the herd health ,the truth is some of the bowhunters don`t practice enough and shoot to far away and rifle hunters kill elk with bowhunters arrows in a elks butt and that`s suppose to be healthy ? i have bowhunted out west for over 40 years and i don`t think its the non-residents that are the herd health problem on American federal land.
In today's world of changing the way things are due to a "few" will only slightly open the can of worms. Then that can of worms that has been opened to those who are truly handicapped, will then be pryed open just a bit further so another so called "group" lets say "older humans" because they feel it is too difficult to draw a bow back, so they want to be included in the crossbow bunch, this just goes on and on and the can of worms eventually is completely open.

@ Twolf, I see your from MN, if you want to use the X-bow, go to a state that allows it. Don't get on an internet forum to complain about what you don't like about the rules set forth in Montana. And remember Montana allows you to come here and hunt, that is a privelage, not a right as a citizen of Minnesota. Also, if this prevents you from coming here to hunt because you are not allowed to use a crossbow, in that recent years there would be more than enough willing others to take your place in the draw.

Alcoholism is covered under ADA. I think Montana should let Alkies have 1st crack at X-Bow permits.

Hell, we fall down with two good legs.

I just sued Wyoming and won. I got 50 million dollars and unlimited antelope, elk, and mule deer tags. Montana, you're next.