Montana x-bows illegal

these Montana residents do not understand what disabled means or even is . 46 states in America allow x-bows for disabled people to hunt in the archery season . there is a Federal provision rule that is suppose to be used for disabled people .
Man that's great! Looks like you have 46 states and options that will cater to you and your needs! You should have a great fall hunt year

If I'm not mistaken you were gonna GETTER DONE and show us all residents how.
I'm waiting dont see it on the next 2 years of proposals, maybe you might figure out montanan's dont like non residents pushing there way around and especially lumping us with the other 46 states.
Oh and by the way I am disabled cant pull a bow back give my away just 3 months ago to a high school young man who my grandson plays football with that could put it to good use.

If I'm not mistaken you were gonna GETTER DONE and show us all residents how.
I'm waiting dont see it on the next 2 years of proposals, maybe you might figure out montanan's dont like non residents pushing there way around and especially lumping us with the other 46 states.
Oh and by the way I am disabled cant pull a bow back give my away just 3 months ago to a high school young man who my grandson plays football with that could put it to good use.
its not over yet

these Montana residents do not understand what disabled means or even is . 46 states in America allow x-bows for disabled people to hunt in the archery season . there is a Federal provision rule that is suppose to be used for
1642527070961.gif

X2 and maybe 15-20000 more

I used to be big into the MBA in the 99's and early 2000's. I also used to shoot a stick bow.
Made my own arrows from Tammarack.
During that era I ws making the change over to compounds. There was a big movement against illuminated sights. The MBA was against them and let off %'s. The MBA , like it or not, is greatly influenced by traditional archers.All the big money in the MBA is from dentists, doctors, lawyers, etc.
I damaged my rotator and can't pull over 55lbs without risking a shoulder injury. I'm used to 75lbs. I have been in Wyoming were crossbows are legal during archery and blessed for it.
Guess when I move back to Montana I'm just gonna have to get closer and take better shots.

Give them an inch and they will take a mile 😎

Dude…if they let disabled people hunt with xbows then that's just going to open Pandora's box. Next thing you know people will get the gall to hunt with one of these…

FA534134-0831-4A84-BA09-56D60843879D.gif

Dude…if they let disabled people hunt with xbows then that's just going to open Pandora's box. Next thing you know people will get the gall to hunt with one of these…

View attachment 331794
The most pathetic thing they did was the MSG&G added a very short muzzleloader season at the end of rifle season. Don't know if this was the whole state or just region 1.
After everything has been harassed for 3 months they want ya to go harvest something with a traditional muzzleloader. Jeesh
Then MSF&G is loosing all their high end management in several regions. Look up how they are screwing up some pretty good trophy areas for "elk herd management".
Gotta make more food for the wolves.

Oooops sorry back to the original thread
Sorry 😞

@WYOHTF i don't have a dog in this fight. I don't bow hunt, and I live in Georgia. I just thought this was a funny thread. OPs frustrations are valid, but so are the actual people who live in the state. I just don't think starting a thread on LRH is going to accomplish much at changing any laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
X2 and maybe 15-20000 more

I used to be big into the MBA in the 99's and early 2000's. I also used to shoot a stick bow.
Made my own arrows from Tammarack.
During that era I ws making the change over to compounds. There was a big movement against illuminated sights. The MBA was against them and let off %'s. The MBA , like it or not, is greatly influenced by traditional archers.All the big money in the MBA is from dentists, doctors, lawyers, etc.
I damaged my rotator and can't pull over 55lbs without risking a shoulder injury. I'm used to 75lbs. I have been in Wyoming were crossbows are legal during archery and blessed for it.
Guess when I move back to Montana I'm just gonna have to get closer and take better shots.

Give them an inch and they will take a mile 😎
yep your 100% right these professional people are making the rules / laws and buying up more land so the blue collar worker has less area to hunt where the elk are . plus these so called great archers with lots of money are against x-bows tell they get older and handi- capped but someday with their big money when they need to make the change to a x-bow because of their health they will help push to get the x-bow legal .its just a matter of time so might as well do it now for the working man who is handi-cap to allow a x-bow in the archery season. i was a real pole climbing lineman for 35 years in Northern Minnesota for a REA in weather conditions all year long night and day,that most of you guys have never worked in , most of you guys never even have seen a pair of linemen climbing hooks or how to use them.

Ye
yep your 100% right these professional people are making the rules / laws and buying up more land so the blue collar worker has less area to hunt where the elk are . plus these so called great archers with lots of money are against x-bows tell they get older and handi- capped but someday with their big money when they need to make the change to a x-bow because of their health they will help push to get the x-bow legal .its just a matter of time so might as well do it now for the working man who is handi-cap to allow a x-bow in the archery season. i was a real pole climbing lineman for 35 years in Northern Minnesota for a REA in weather conditions all year long night and day,that most of you guys have never worked in , most of you guys never even have seen a pair of linemen climbing hooks or how to use them.
Yeah,yeah,yeah and I walked 10 miles to school both ways in 5' of snow every day. Your not the only one who works(worked) hard for a living. Instead of wasting your breath fighting our rules why don't you fight "these" people? Or just hunt ANY OTHER STATE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO USE A CROSSBOW!