Montana/Wyoming trip

MSURunner

Boiling River is another good little gem if going through the park in my opinion. Going through Beartooth is scenic as well, though COVID did a number on the shops in Red Lodge. Hopefully there's a bit of re-investment in the area in the coming months.

CO_Guy

If you are in Yellowstone in June, access to bathing in a thermal feature, the Boiling River, just N of Gardner, is not to be missed. It's just at the 38th parallel as I recall. Last time our path was temporarily blocked by a gang/club of massive elk bulls.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I love all your mentioned spots.

On the way home from the Grand Canyon last month I stopped at Zion for a quick hike up to the top of Angels Landing.

20210308_081842.jpg
20210308_074538.jpg

wasskeet

LRH Team Member
Thanks Len and everyone for the pictures and advice - given me a lot of planning to do. Seems one week is merely a primer for a longer visit.

popeye

My family has vacationed in Wyoming and Montana several times, there is much to take in. Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Big Horn mountains are just a few of the must see places. Glacier National Park is a trip by itself in my opinion.
You should be mindful that the Sturgis Rally is usually around the first week of August, lodging fills up fast normally but it is even worse then.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.