Montana Wolf Hunting News

I can't remember if I am spelling it right but a couple of grains of timic in veinna sausages placed in known wolf den areas will do the trick. These non native pest need to be eleminated! **** the Canandians for shipping their problems to us.
You can't blame the Canadians for this mess. Canadian biologist are pretty well documented as being "very skeptical" regarding the outcome of this travesty. This was our government lying, breaking it's own laws. and disregarding the wishes of the people who were going to have to live with the consequences. Interesting side note I've hunted Canada when their dollar was only 50% of ours, last I checked it's worth more now. Additionally reported the other night: the average Canadian is now worth more than the average American for the first time in history. Look closer to home if you don't like what's being done to us.

You can't blame the Canadians for this mess. Canadian biologist are pretty well documented as being "very skeptical" regarding the outcome of this travesty. This was our government lying, breaking it's own laws. and disregarding the wishes of the people who were going to have to live with the consequences. Interesting side note I've hunted Canada when their dollar was only 50% of ours, last I checked it's worth more now. Additionally reported the other night: the average Canadian is now worth more than the average American for the first time in history. Look closer to home if you don't like what's being done to us.

I was joking about the canadains. Not kidding about killing all the wolves.

I suspected you were joking about the Canadians, but I'm a bit locked in on our current issues, and can't resist temptation. I'm not sure given your Florida tag whether it would be worse to find a wolf in the back yard, or one of those 15 foot snakes you folks have.

We don't have the big snake problem up here but they are no joke. There are areas in th everglades where there are almost no racoons left.

@Daveinjak

That's Temic.......and a little goes a long way. Even the buzzards that feed off the carcass will never leave the scene! You must live in cotton country. One ounce of temic would clean out the entire state..... no joke....some mean stuff!

@Daveinjak

That's Temic.......and a little goes a long way. Even the buzzards that feed off the carcass will never leave the scene! You must live in cotton country. One ounce of temic would clean out the entire state..... no joke....some mean stuff!

Yep. If somebody were to have a small bag and a couple of cans of sausages they might be able to be yote free just in time for fawns to drop...just saying.

Its sad we have to deal with the wolf introduction,, NOT RE-Introduction, yes the wolves have been gone for a long time. But the antis dont realize that in Montana territory, that the Blackfeet, Flatheads, Ponderai, Gros Ventres, Kootenai, Assinaboines all harvested wolves in the early days of man in North America. they had means that were more lethal than anything but our modern day poisons. And yet they still had so much game on the plains that wolves really made little difference. But, most of the wolves were out on the plains and river valleys. Now we have settled country out on the plains, so all of the animals are more likely to be found in the mountains where they were not always actually located. So the antis cant really point to them as never being totally free from predation. The earliest fur trade men of the North West company saw the plains Indians in wolfskin coverings sneaking on Bison and the Ojibwa also even earlier in Minnesota / Wisconsin also used them according to old fur trader logs. Wolves were one of the most harvested furs after beaver and muskrats, until the robe trade began on Bison. I lived in Montana for many years, I saw wolves far earlier than the intro in many areas of remote high country. they were huge and covered ground in wide areas following game herds. Montana's game herds will suffer as long as they dont allow better means of harvest such as snaring. There are proven snare methods to greatly eliminate non target catches as in Alaska for years and recently in Idaho also. Montana has more pressure from the extreme anti's than does Idaho. Idaho has a better grip in its game dept on wolf control also. Good luck to Montana this year. I will be shipping some of my 55 wolf traps to a buddy near Bozeman this year. Full rigged for any application, heavy duty, foolproof wolf iron.

Maybe - just maybe - the general policy makers are starting to see the light. Let's hope it isn't a train.

Now if we could just get Montana SB42 repealed or amended we would have a real chance to rebuild our elk/deer herd in some areas.
These wolves are not and never were indigenous to Montana, Idaho, Wyoming nor Colorado.
This species is The Alberta Timber Wolf introduced as far back as the early 70's as a gift to Montana to help
repopulate the depleted wolf stock in my state and from my province. In no way is this species compared to what was natural to
Montana. The Alberta Timber Wolf is bigger, smarter and more elusive and lethal of a predator able to cover many miles
in a single day . Alberta and Montana wildlife university geniuses thought they were cleaver and knew better what they were doing.
Much like the screwball university back East who was responsible for the release of the Spruce Bud Worm which has devastated
vast forest regions. In Alberta the Moose population is in decline, not because of the Wolves but because of the black bears.
Since hunters pursue the large Male Bore Black bear which is gigantic compared to US bears they have depleted their population
because of the ego's of trophy hunters. Hence, unintended consequences have taken over. Since the natural predator of the small young black bear cubs and yearlings were the big bore black bears, the die off of these larger bears has resulted in a rapid and prolific population growth of smaller black bears which have been devouring the younger moose since the predatory large bore populations have diminished. This along with Chinese trophy hunters who are looking for aphrodisiacs from large bore gonads
and for their enormous paws which they harvest to sell and for them to be turned into conversation cigarette ash trays.
Disgusting isn't it?

Wild life management suffers for lack of wisdom. Pure and simple. Ranchers in Montana suffer huge sheep slaughter counts.
I have heard that Idaho has suffered wanton slaughter of Elk also although do we really know the role of big cats where wolves are to blame ? I like wolves a great deal. So do our Norwegian Elkhounds as they have played rough house with domesticated wolf hybrids and can hold thier own in play one gets a living picture of what the wild ones are like.
But the pure Timber Wolf is an incredible animal to have a close encounter of the first kind they are there in front of you but momentarily and then vanish. You are left with a lasting memorable impression, you will never forget. However, I digress. The wild life management needs to interfere less as the wolf has no predator except man. Wolves in Eastern Canada are evolving into new species as a result of breeding with coyotes . Not good. I think the bounty on wolves is an excellent way to manage growing pack populations and farmers and ranchers have a vested interest in preserving their livestock.

What did Ronald Reagan say about the nine most terrifying words in the English Language?

" I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

double click to view image

Attachments

• Wolves Randy Fehr2.jpg
    Wolves Randy Fehr2.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I can't remember if I am spelling it right but a couple of grains of timic in veinna sausages placed in known wolf den areas will do the trick. These non native pest need to be eleminated! **** the Canandians for shipping their problems to us.
You sound like a typical "Florida Man". Stay there.

You sound like a typical "Florida Man". Stay there.
Listen up Daaveinjax!!! Alberta shipped nothing. Montana wanted and received them. Put the blame where it belongs eh?
Your accusations can be interpreted as being based on your feelings and prejudice and not facts. As I remember it Montana was thrilled to get them. The ranchers were not. The shame belongs to both sides of the boarder.

Last edited: