Montana Unlimited Bh sheep

Baboltin

I have been looking at this hunt for years and building some information for years as well. I am curious if anyone on here has killed or hunted the unlimited units. If you were successful or not I would love to hear your story.

Pick one of the units, marry yourself to it. Live, eat and breathe it and plan to do so for 5-10 years.

Plan to spend at least a couple weeks the first year scouting, and I'd take a week off before the season and try to find a legal ram and to shadow it. And for darn sure you won't be alone as this is a tactic known to most all.

You'll see tons of people, lots of gorgeous country. Have your track shoes on come opening morning!

IMO, this is the toughest hunt in NA bar none both physically and mentally.

I really wish they change it to a draw, even if they were fairly liberal with the tags (I think...). In an effort to reduce hunter numbers...

And feel comfy to be comfortable sleeping in and around plenty of large furry denizens:)

Pick one of the units, marry yourself to it. Live, eat and breathe it and plan to do so for 5-10 years.

Plan to spend at least a couple weeks the first year scouting, and I'd take a week off before the season and try to find a legal ram and to shadow it. And for darn sure you won't be alone as this is a tactic known to most all.

You'll see tons of people, lots of gorgeous country. Have your track shoes on come opening morning!

IMO, this is the toughest hunt in NA bar none both physically and mentally.

I really wish they change it to a draw, even if they were fairly liberal with the tags (I think...). In an effort to reduce hunter numbers...

And feel comfy to be comfortable sleeping in and around plenty of large furry denizens:)
Thank you for the response, that's my current plan of attack

Hunted zone 500 that a friend had a tag. There were so many tags sold it was nothing but a cluster f—-. Glad I did not burn my bonus points on the unlimited zone.
But, if you are determined to do so I suggest spend lots of time before hand to scout....AND, put a legal ram to bed the night before opening day if possible. Also, I would put in for a mountain goat tag as we spotted many true trophy billies.
A great ram was taken the morning of the opening. To be honest I believe that for a Montana nonresident this is a **** reasonably money wise hunt. BUT, I recommend doing your do diligence well before hand. Zone 500 is not a difficult zone to traverse. We hunted to 10,800' but saw nothing days before the opener.
This was a bucket hunt for me at age 73. I have done this hunt, enjoyed the country but will not burn my bonus points on the unlimited zones. BTW, I took a darn good mountain goat in the Cabinet mountain wilderness at age 64. This was a true adventure. I will continue to apply for a BH sheep,tag. But, not in the unlimited zones. MTG

Hunted zone 500 that a friend had a tag. There were so many tags sold it was nothing but a cluster f—-. Glad I did not burn my bonus points on the unlimited zone.
But, if you are determined to do so I suggest spend lots of time before hand to scout....AND, put a legal ram to bed the night before opening day if possible. Also, I would put in for a mountain goat tag as we spotted many true trophy billies.
A great ram was taken the morning of the opening. To be honest I believe that for a Montana nonresident this is a **** reasonably money wise hunt. BUT, I recommend doing your do diligence well before hand. Zone 500 is not a difficult zone to traverse. We hunted to 10,800' but saw nothing days before the opener.
This was a bucket hunt for me at age 73. I have done this hunt, enjoyed the country but will not burn my bonus points on the unlimited zones. BTW, I took a darn good mountain goat in the Cabinet mountain wilderness at age 64. This was a true adventure. I will continue to apply for a BH sheep,tag. But, not in the unlimited zones. MTG
I'm one of those "Out of Staters" LOL! You talked about hunting Mountain Goats. They are on my "Bucket List" to hunt. Mind if I tap you for some info?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.